Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem with EP45-UD3P 1.6

Bootable Media: program freezes and PC locks-up-

Okay...I've been using a backup & restore program that I have on a bootable media (CD) for over 1-1/2 years-

One feature of this program is that it can automatically shut-down the pc when it is finished restoring-

It has shut-down automatically without incident countless times until just recently-

It restores perfectly but freezes and locks-up the PC about one-second before it's supposed to shut-down-

It's really weird...and I wonder if something is going-on with the motherboard-

It's used with the same motherboard and all of the same components-

I tried the CD on two other pc's, AND it it works fine-

This all came-out-of-nowhere-

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?
    Last edited by aL2000; 04-01-2012, 01:45 AM.

Re: Weird problem with EP45-UD3P 1.6

Are you on the latest BIOS? Why are you using an old version, this could be part of the problem, try an updated version.

I know you said it always worked, but maybe something has now finally made it not work since it's so old, like new BIOS or new drivers, ect.

If you want something fresh and new, that's also free and easy to use, check out Macrium Reflect, it's great! And yes, you can create a bootable CD with it too if needed
    Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

Comment

How that software work exactly? Do you have CD you always boot from or does it create a bootable CD every backup?

Comment

Bootable CD is optional, to use if you only have two disks and need to clone without any hassles, or other emergency.

CD is just the app itself, backup images would be stored wherever you want to keep them, secondary drive, USB Drive, ect

I've never used the CD, just know it's there, I use it in windows many times a week playing with various OS installs on many boards, it's a great program for being free!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Are you on the latest BIOS? Why are you using an old version, this could be part of the problem, try an updated version.
          I tried a couple of different BIOS, including the latest, with the same result-

I know you said it always worked, but maybe something has now finally made it not work since it's so old, like new BIOS or new drivers, ect.
          I ruled-that-out also-

If you want something fresh and new, that's also free and easy to use, check out Macrium Reflect, it's great! And yes, you can create a bootable CD with it too if needed
          Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download
          Thanks-

Comment

Hmm, maybe an extended clear CMOS would help? If nothing does, then ya check out Macrium instead, I bet you will like it anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Hmm, maybe an extended clear CMOS would help? If nothing does, then ya check out Macrium instead, I bet you will like it anyway!
              I'll try an extended clear CMOS, and Macrium too...thanks-

Comment

Another thumbs up for Macrium. Macrium is a very good program, IMO. It will allow you to make a boot CD with either Linux (works fine for me) or the Microsoft PE stuff. and YES I've had to use it, and it works great.
                Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

If I created a (Macrium) Linux-based bootable CD, could I backup & restore my Linux (Ubuntu) operating systems (ext3 & ext4) from the bootable CD?

Thanks-

Comment

I would assume so - It just copies drives or partitions, so the content shouldn't matter at all!

Actually, I found this for you! I found many pages showing ext3 support, so no need to link those, but this is the latest info I found about ext4, so it's supported as well but does have some limitations depending on how you use it
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-04-2012, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks Lsdmeasap , I'll give Macrium a try-

Comment

Anytime, and you're welcome!

Let me know if you need any help with it!

Comment

Working...
                        X