Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In over my head - BSOD Stop Error 7F with 08 Double Fault bug and I could use some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In over my head - BSOD Stop Error 7F with 08 Double Fault bug and I could use some help.

could try pressing alt and f12 at splash screen to flash back up bios chip with main bios chip so the two chips have same bios version

also disable floppy drives and drive A in bios,ive known this to cause win7 install problems sometimes
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: In over my head - BSOD Stop Error 7F with 08 Double Fault bug and I could use some help.

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      could try pressing alt and f12 at splash screen to flash back up bios chip with main bios chip so the two chips have same bios version

also disable floppy drives and drive A in bios,ive known this to cause win7 install problems sometimes
      Thanks, mate, I'll give it a shot. Drive A was disabled along with my AHCI settings.

Comment

alt+ F12 didn't do it but I did not know that that was how one replaced the second BIOS.

so - it seems what I suspected from the start. I think we've gone through the basic and usual solutions and are left with a deeper problem than perhaps we can diagnose online?
        Can we shift our focus from getting my current set up to work to finding out if there is a way to tell if the mobo or CPU needs replacing? If it is a microcode error, then fixing that problem is something I could not handle even with the best of instructions from what I've read in a previous post from lsdmeasap. If it is my motherboard, it could just be a short in a tracing that I am not equipped to find.

I just wish there was some way to tell which part to replace because that - is the 300 dollar question.

Comment

Sorry I didn't make it clear, at the end of my post I meant for you to stop all troubleshooting now, and update to the latest BIOS I linked! Or did you mean you have done that?

Then carry on, as you may not have any issues at all once you update to the latest BIOS. Updating the backup BIOS can be done later optionally (You may need to use PS/2 KB), as it's not an issue at all on X58

Update the BIOS to F14q, and do the optimized dance I mentioned. Then be sure you have your SSD connected to the first white Blue port (SATAII_0) and your CD/DVD drive connected to the last Intel port (Blue SATAII_5)

If you already did update to the latest BIOS, yes then try clearing the CMOS, if that doesn't help you may need to clear it for an extended period. Have you verified this install DVD will install windows on another machine, just to be sure the media is OK?

How about the SSD, have you installed windows on it on another machine to verify it works properly? If no to either of the above, and you are on the latest BIOS as I mentioned, and clearing CMOS does not help, then please verify both of the last two things work properly on another machine.

Comment

Sorry Lsd, I'm not the one being clear. I did follow your directions and the new BIOS F14q update is detected in CPUID. I am noticing that my optical drive is hooked up to the Marvel controlled SATA port. ?!? Could it be that simple? Let's hope so. I am first going to move the CD/ROM to an Intel port. Failing that, I will then attempt to try to install the OS to the new SSD by using my daughter's working PC. Failing that I will then do the overnight 24 hour clear CMOS. Thanks again!

Comment

Haha, no worries, thanks for clearing it up for me though!

Yes, it could be that simple, go ahead and move the CD/DVD drive over to the last Intel port and see if it helps! If not, do the Clear CMOS for a short time (2-3 min), then if no luck extended clear (8+ Hours)

Yes, it would be good if you could test installing windows using this SSD, and the same install DVD on another system. You could do it while you wait on the extended clear CMOS, if things came down to that.

Comment

Apparently it was that simple! BSOD is gone and windows install is in progress. My access to my daughter's PC has been limited since her return from a week long trip to Santa Fe and believe me, she was anxious to get back to her gaming. Now I am going to experiment with my machine and figure out what's up with those sata ports and/or dvd/rom as my bluray drive does not appear detected in bios (yet my older IDE cd/dvd rom - which I used for install - does). Thanks so much Lsd and waza for helping me through that first hurdle! Will return if I can't figure it out myself. Good Day!

Comment

Working...
                X