need help with BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with BIOS

hey i just got a new computer Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 Revision 3.1 motherboard is what i have and I have tried to update my BIOS by downloaded the newest update on the GIGABYE motherboard website. for some reason after i download this and it unzips it is just a file that cannot be opened it asks me to pick a program to open it with but i have no idea what program could open it. I'm sure there is something i can download to get this to open because i need to update my BIOS. thank you

Re: need help with BIOS

Download winrar and you can open it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You did not mention why do you need to update the BIOS.

Put the BIOS file on a usbflash-drive, reboot the pc and hold tap the delete key (or numpad decimal) to get into BIOS.

Comment

when i try it says the archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Comment

oh and i need to update it because i cant get games on steam to play and i read that an updated bios is what will fix this issue. i'm assuming you guys have heard about this as well. any info would be greatly appreciated

Comment

No I haven't heard of it, the only game I play on steam works great most of the time.
            What is the problem with steam?

Comment

the game total war shogun 2 just gets stuck at the splash screen and won't go any further I heard it was a problem with the motherboard and the BIOS with it. i'm hoping this will fix it

Comment

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-990FXA-UD7 (rev. 1.x)

can i use this BIOS update with my motherboard that I mentioned at the top. i'm thinking that'd be unwise

Comment

Absolutely not, nor the Q-Flash will let you do it, but better not even try.

Comment

alright i didn't think so. thats what their support forum sent me to. i updated with my own motherboards BIOS. still no solution. i guess maybe it's just something that needs looked into. wondering why it won't work. oh yeah and my motherboards most recent BIOS update is august of 2011. Most motherboards are alot more recent than that. I don't know how much you guys know on this forum and what not but is there any plan on this being updated anytime soon.

Comment

i found out that that is in fact the problem. the other motherboards have had updated BIOS that solve this problem. Mine just hasn't been updated in 7 months and it seems nobody is going to change that any time soon unfortunately

Comment

Do you know what was the particular update that solved it?

Comment

EDIT: dont flash your mb with the bios of a different mb as it will brick the bios making it useless,i didnt read all of what you posted sorry
                          Last edited by wazza300; 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM.
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

my motherboards BIOS last update was 7 months ago. i can't update it anymore and they haven't made a new update to solve the problem with total war shogun 2. i did use the usb stick and qflash to get the most recent update but that didn't solve the problem. the updates you showed there are for a different motherboard

Comment

ahh sorry but you did link to it so i assumed it was for your mb,what os you using ? can you run in vista or xp mode(shogun2)? usually that fixes some games,for me anyway

nevermind i read what you posted,it wont work crossflashing bios's it will brick the mb
                              Last edited by wazza300; 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM.
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                              X