Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 First time build help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 First time build help needed

I have not tested with a single drive under raid, correct.

I love it when someone else has to be the guinea pig.

I would be mightily surprised if it did not work as smooth as it does for me.

Comment

Do you mean on X79, or ever?

I run single drives in RAID all the time on all boards in the past, so that's not an issue at all, unless there a new issue with that specific to X79 which I kind of doubt as if that didn't work you wouldn't be able to have Non-members and that would be a major Intel fail.

Comment

Ah c'mon on now.

We are only talking x79 here.

Comment

Ahh ok! I'll get it switched over today then and see how things go!

I bet since I had to swtich to AHCI to get into the system again on X79, I'll have to leave in the E drivers in order to use RAID, or do your Frankenstein fix and then switch to single drive RAID

The OP is going to kill us on this mess we've left here for him!

Comment

Well, it's certainly been an entertaining read, anyway! Especially since I barely know WTH you guys are talking about. MOD! Clean up in aisle 6! LOL.
            Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
            Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
            PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
            Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
            Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
            HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
            SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

yup, crazy mods over here, nothing we can do about it either..

Comment

So, it can be done, but not easy AT ALL! I'll have to write out a guide, but it's not a simple reg edit anymore like it used to be, well I mean switching back and forth anyway.

You can install or move right into single disk RAID mode fairly easy, but going back to AHCI after that is near impossible. Not sure if I'll write out a guide or not, as I know advanced users may not need it, and it'll just be confusing to the unsuspecting, so I'm thinking I'll just start suggesting if you need to switch then do a clean install.

For those that install accidentally in IDE mode, that's a littler easier to switch upwards, but still will involve some more advanced steps than they may be expecting to hear, so a clean install for them might be easiest and quickest too

When I get a second DooRules, I'll PM you my findings!

@ Malinick, did you get this sorted out? Sorry for going off into the deep in your thread

Comment

Working...
                X