Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend me a good base BIOS setting for the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend me a good base BIOS setting for the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3)

Ive recently upgraded to the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3) with an i5 2500k.

I read the manual and looked at the BIOS settings and was so confused I just left all the settings on AUTO (using Optimized Defaults).

Im currently using stock intel HS and not thinking yet to OC my system. Im still deciding on what HS I should get.. Thinking either the CM Hyper 212+ or the Liquid Coolers like the Corsair Hydro series.

So just want to know if anyone can recommend some good base settings I could use and to prepare me so when I get the good HS, I can just tinker away.

All my system specs are current and in my sig.

If you guys need more info, let me know...

THANX
    Last edited by gd6noob; 02-14-2012, 01:42 PM.
    Intel Core i5-2500K Processor, 3.30GHz w/ 6MB Cache
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev1.3 - Beta BIOS F12
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4GB), Cerulean Blue
    ATi Radeon HD 5770
    Corsair TX850W Power Supply
    Corsair H80 HydroSeries Cooler
    CoolerMaster Storm Scout Chassis
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Samsung 24" Widesscreen LCD

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good base BIOS setting for the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3)

Well stock cooler isn't going to go far at all, those are so light they can't cool much at all.

Here you will find Miahalen's Sandy Bridge overclocking guide, this will help you a lot once you get a better cooler!

If you are wanting to overclock very far, you might want to look at better coolers than the 212 you mentioned, maybe Thermoloab or Thermalright if those would fit in your case.

Comment

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good base BIOS setting for the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3)

right now im not looking to OC my rig, just want to know if i should leave the settings on auto for everything or if there are certain settings I can set now.. im thinking I can set my ram, since i have 1600mhz ram but its only config to run at 1333mhz.. or should I not even touch it??

BTW, which cooler do you recommend? Are the Corsair Hydro series worth looking into? The higher end air coolers ($60+) you can get the cheaper Liquid cooler.. Ive even seen air coolers at $80-$100 range, for that price, the Corsair Hyrdo is only a few bucks more and reviews are pretty good... I think my budget for air cooler is $50, less is better...
      Intel Core i5-2500K Processor, 3.30GHz w/ 6MB Cache
      Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev1.3 - Beta BIOS F12
      Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4GB), Cerulean Blue
      ATi Radeon HD 5770
      Corsair TX850W Power Supply
      Corsair H80 HydroSeries Cooler
      CoolerMaster Storm Scout Chassis
      Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      Samsung 24" Widesscreen LCD

Comment

Yes, if you are not overclocking it's fine to leave most all of the settings on auto. You can set memory voltage if you want, or let auto set it which should be 1.5 most likely. If you change the memory speed to it's default of 1600 be sure you manually set the specified voltage for the kit, that should be written on the sticker on the side of the memory.

I'm a water cooling guy, so you'll have to wait for others to help you pick out a cooler. There are plenty of coolers for around $50 that would be better than a self contained water cooling kit, those tend to not cool as well as you might expect and can leak too.

Comment

for a good budget cooler the Gelid Tranquillo is pretty good,top end air coolers are the Noctua NH-D14,Phanteks PH-TC14PE and the Thermalright Silver Arrow,but beware as those three are just HUGE!!!!
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You can see the top end air coolers are not only more efficient but also less noisey than the closed water cooletrs.
            Originally posted by X-bit labs

Comment

Working...
            X