GA-Z68XP-UD4 Waiting For ME Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-Z68XP-UD4 Waiting For ME Question

yes i was gonna say the newer etron drivers might help you,another user was having very poor speeds with old etron drivers,no blue screns but with newer drivers his speeds increased to spec so maybe the old ones are poor drivers
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

@Acebmxer

Thanx for the update link for the etron drivers. No it didn't fix my problem with the USB. I know the device (USB 3 stick) is good as I tested it on other machines. My machine would recognize that the device was indeed plugged in but would not 'see it'. So enough was enough, I reloaded the machine an installed all latest drivers and the problem was solved. However I still managed a few BSODS at default bios settings so I decided to turn off all speedstepping etc in the bios, cranked up the vcore to 1.36, left QPI/VTT alone (I was setting this to 1.15) set memory to 1.5 and set the multiplier to X44......Beautiful! Although I don't need to run @4.4 so I have dropped it back to 4Ghz which is enough as I only have the intel cooler that came with the 2600k and the temps were hitting around 80C running cinebench.

So at the moment all seems pretty solid @4Ghz with C3 and speedstep etc turned off and the temps are acceptable.

I'm not too sure, but, my previous install may have been corrupted :-( Well we'll see how this goes.

Funny thing happened today, I had a phone call from one of those Indian chaps telling me that I had a problem with my computer LMFAO. I don't think he'll be calling me back again hehehehe

Comment

Nice to hear things are running much smoother for you now!

Haha, what did you say to "Your Friend" from India?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Nice to hear things are running much smoother for you now!

Haha, what did you say to "Your Friend" from India?
          Yes finally I have it stable, I am still just @4Ghz but thats good enough for me for 24/7 YEAHHHHHHHHHH.

Well funny you shoud ask Lsdmeasap because for once in my life I was..........well, maybe a little nice to one of these guys, albeit a little facetious LOL. Kinda went like this really.

Indian call guy. "oh hello sir, I am ringing you because you have a problem with your computer!" (Bad Indian accent of course)

Me. "Really? That's amazing. Which one?" I reply with an air of surprise!

Indian guy. "Your windows 7 one." He says with a little bit of excitement in his voice.

At this point I'm dragging my chair a little closer to the keyboard because all the crap, I've had to put up with getting this thing stable I was in the mood for a little fun with this guy hahahaha.

I sit down again an reply with a very concerned voice laced with a little sarcasm. "Oh my god! Reeeaaaaally? What's wrong with it?"

Now at this point I really wanna break my day and have some fun with this guy and for the first time in my life I am prepared to have a laugh without raging down the phone line at 120db as to where he can shove his tech advice...........The little so and so just hung up on me? Like how rude was that?

Comment

Great to hear!!

That's too funny man! I've never seen them call themselves without you calling them, I guess it was some random scammer probably planning to try and get you to send him some money to fix your computer for you.

Or to try and get you to pay to "Download some more Ram"

That's so funny, I almost spilled my coffee, been laughing about this for a good 5 minutes now! Too bad he wasn't willing to play along for a while, that would have been so cool! He knew you knew what was up!

Comment

Yeh you know your having a bad day when the call center guy hangs up on you! Download more Ram? Now that's Hilarious!

All I need now is a link so I can download a bigger monitor, or even some extra drive space for my SSD's, that'll be cool.
              Last edited by JustRob; 02-26-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Haha, for sure!

Ya, I found that download more RAM to be hilarious, it'll even actually download for you if you want to download some!!

I bet he is working on downloading more SSD space, we should ask him when that update will be coming out!

Comment

Ah, dang, I already put in more RAM. If I'd only knew I could just download it......! Wonder how it knows which slots to populate?
                  Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                  Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                  PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                  Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                  Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                  HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                  SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

It polls the SPD data of course! For noobs, this means it looks at which slots are empty, then downloadsmoreram into them!

Haha, next time you talk to your friend from India you could ask him if it would be ok to download some more ram!!

I bet they'd find that hilarious, and then put you on hold to laugh, then come back with a suggestion of how much RAM you should download!

Comment

Working...
                    X