GA-EP45-UD3R recommended 1066 ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3R recommended 1066 ram?

My GA-EP45-UD3R is breaking my heart and wasting my time. I was running this kit in it: OCZ2RPR10664GK but I could never get it to run stably in dual channel, so ended up yanking one of the modules.

Recently I've been trying to get it working again as I really need 4GB in this box, but running memtest for each individual stick has lead me to believe one of the sticks is just faulty.

Can anyone recommend a 4GB kit of 1066 RAM that is known to work well with this board? Most of the memory configurators I'm seeing seem to only recommend 800mhz RAM. Is this a subtle hint? Is it hard to get 1066 memory working stably in dual channel on this board?

I'm not interested in O/C just would like to get at least 4GB of RAM working stably. Should I just go with some 800mhz RAM, or am I losing a bunch of perf there? Not sure what the limiting factor is on this system.

I believe the processor I have in there is a E8400 Wolfdale, but I haven't gone back to check....

-Graham

Re: GA-EP45-UD3R recommended 1066 ram?

Yup, e8400 wolfdale.

Comment

For 4GB memory you may need to increas MCH Core, try the range 1.16-1.24v.

Please attach CPU-Z text report (CPU-Z -> About tab -> Save Report (.TXT))

Comment

I'm no longer trying to diagnose these current two sticks that I have. Because one of them is failing memtest when tested by itself. So I assume its just a bad stick (good assumption?). Instead I'm just trying to figure out what 1066 memory I can run without having to put too much effort into it.

Comment

The memory in my signature should work with BIOS F12 or later according to G.Skill.
          F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ has better reviews on Newegg and cost 10USD less, no specific info about your board on G.Skill site.

Comment

If G-Skill says that that module will work with the board then thats good enough for me. Hopefully I don't get sent any bad sticks :)

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Though this memory will boot automatically at DDR-1066 it is stil recommend to set MCH Core to at least 1.16v.
              My kit perform best at 2.0v, by default it is set to 2.1v so you may want to try setting a lower voltage manually.
              G.Skill say it works with BIOS F12 or later, meaning you may need to update your BIOS.

Comment

Yeah, already upgraded the bios to F12 while trying to remediate existing problems. Anything else I need to adjust when adjusting the MCH core? I'm not very experienced with making manual voltage adjustments for RAM.

Comment

Static tRead Value 6 for DDR-1066 CL 5 I think, both channels, DRAM Voltage will be set to 2.1v as default you can try to lower it.
                  Change those settings after you get the new memory and with one stick installed.
                  If you haven't began with optimized default before you may also do that before the changes above.

Comment

gskill 8500
                    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R P45 775 R (rev: 1.1),
                    Intel Core2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale @ 3.80 GHz (EO),
                    4 X 2GB DDR2-1066 G.SKILL PC8500CL5D
                    SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770
                    Intel X25-M SATA SSD 80 GB
                    LG DVD+R 6X Blu-ray SATA Burner MD-GGW-H2OL
                    CREATIVE SB X-Fi XTREME Audio 7.1 PCI-E
                    Cooler Master Stacker 830 EVO
                    Cooler Master Silent Pro M850