Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New To Forums! And Desperate! EP45-UD3R Cant Install W7 BSOD and Cant boot from USB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Forums! And Desperate! EP45-UD3R Cant Install W7 BSOD and Cant boot from USB!

Hi all, Im new to the forums and am in desperate need of help. Im not here to leech off your expertise as I will contribute back with any help I can provide.
    Ok so I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy, and This mobo is driving me insane. Every time I try a simply W7 64 Bit install it BSOD's at the "Expanding Windows Files" part. And Every time I attempt to boot from USB this happens.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Im on F12 Bios.

Re: New To Forums! And Desperate! EP45-UD3R Cant Install W7 BSOD and Cant boot from USB!

try with only one stick of ram installed,and disable drive A and floppy drive in bios then try installing win7
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: New To Forums! And Desperate! EP45-UD3R Cant Install W7 BSOD and Cant boot from USB!

I did both of those yesterday to get past another problem of W7 taking 45 minutes to actually initialize install and after I got past that problem I got stuck at the BSOD issues. Someone was telling me to try to plug my hard drive and optical drive into the purple GSATA ports. And I also read some people saying of a software that can compile my windows CD image with drivers for my board from the Gigabyte website so Ill attempt that if all else fails. Ill be home in a bit so ill try Memtestx86 to see if its the ram im using. Do you have any ideas why my USB Boot attempts look like that though? It works fine on my normal machine with USB which is an X58A-UD3R

Comment

Also before trying the above, try to clear CMOS, remove the battery and short the CLR_CMOS pins for 30 minutes, with PSU turned off and capacitors discharged (press power button once). Boot with one memory module, load optimized defaults save and try to install windows/boot from USB, agan.
        Try the other memory module if it still fail, try different memory slots.

What is the BSOD you get when you try to install windows?

I don't recall seeing this screem before.

Comment

Run a whole pass of latest memtest86+ then at least 5 times test #5 (press c, 1, 3, 5, enter, 0).

Comment

So short the cmos? Is that safe? So take out the battery and turn it on then and after it shorts it will turn itself off and leave it there for 30 minutes?

Comment

Just leave battery out 30mins,press power switch hold it in for 15 seconds put battery back in,this is with pc switched off at wall

You shouldn't need any drivers with win7,it finds/installs all needed drivers for you,up to you then to update to latest versions off website later once windows is up n running
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Turn the PSU off or unplug from the wall if you don't have a switch on the PSU.
                Press the power button to discharge capacitiors.
                Remove the battery, and short the CLR_CMOS pins with a jumper.
                Wait 30 minutes, remove the jumper and place the battery back in it's place.
                Turn the PSU on and boot, enter BIOS, load optimized defaults, save and reboot.

Normally shorting the CLR_CMOS pins for few seconds is enough, but sometimes lomger period even few hours needed.
                It is safe if you practice caution and don't break anything.

Comment

Ok sorry to bother so let me confirm what to do step by step.
                  Unplug my machine from my wall and switch the PSU to off.
                  Remove the CMOS Battery
                  Leave it out for 30 minutes
                  After the 30 minutes hold down the power button on my computers case even though its unplugged for 15 seconds
                  And put the battery back in
                  Then turn the computer back on and try again?
                  Also, Ill be installing on a new SSD, I read that AHCI is the best way to go for this?

Comment

Discharge capacitors before removing the battery.
                    I recommend jumping the CLR_CMOS also.

Yes ACHI may help with SSD.

Comment

How do I discharge the capacitors?

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Chavles View Post
                        How do I discharge the capacitors?
                        By pressing the power button after disconnection the power or turning the PSU off.

Comment

ALright thanks will try going home now!

Comment

Hey So The Cmos battery will be unplugged for another few minutes, But before I proress does anyone have an suggestions on settings other than disabling Floppy?

Comment

you need to try that first,if its blue screening while trying to install usually a bios setting/voltage isnt right,could be memory related,but usually you shouldnt need to tweak anything at stock,maybe resetting the cmos should put things right,only time will tell,regarding ahci its a must for ssd's just set to ahci in bios before you install windows 7 and the os will take care of the rest for you
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                              X