Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video artifact issues with GA-Z68A-D3H-B3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video artifact issues with GA-Z68A-D3H-B3?

Attached images are from EasyTune.

Click image for larger version

Name:	easytune.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	751792

Comment

Attached is the CPU-Z report.
      CPU-Z Report.txt
      Last edited by hdm5501; 12-28-2011, 11:47 AM. Reason: 2011

Comment

So fixing the memory voltage didn't do it...this morning again had artifacts. I noticed it outside of Outlook, too; the clock from the lower right of the task bar was superimposed over the orb in the lower left.

Perhaps unrelated, but I've also noticed that Windows won't start when I do a soft reboot.

It will read the MBR, but then just sit there with a blank screen. I have to hit the reset button, and then it goes through the boot process correctly.

I also noticed on a soft reboot that it appears to sit for a while right where it normally displays the CPU. It skips this part and just displays the memory frequency; not sure if that is normal behavior.

Re: the video card, I was using this video card with a P55-USB3 without issues. For this recent upgrade, all I changed was the motherboard and processor.

I'd like to avoid going with iGPU only as a last test resort, as the artifacts don't seem to come back right away, and I need to use the PC. I have 4 monitors hooked up (1 on the iGPU vga, 3 on the video card) although I toggle between 3 at my desk and 1 on the wall.

What is the appropriate setting for the iGPU video RAM size? I had it set to 64 megs I think...unless this is something else. I seem to remember back in the day there was some video buffer location setting where you had to have it beyond your physical RAM or something; not sure if maybe I'm misreading that setting and I need to adjust that (I have 16 gigs of RAM).
        Last edited by hdm5501; 12-28-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Try uninstalling virtu and disable the iGPU in BIOS and see if there is any change.

Comment

Does everything look OK in the CPU-Z and EasyTune settings? If so, I guess I can live without the iGPU for a day to get to the bottom of this.

Comment

try increasing the igpu memory,i know i have mine at 128mb on my h55 board,you can try one or two clicks more igpu graphics voltage aswell,and maybe one click more than 1.05v qpi/vtt see if that helps,maybe with four monitors it needs a touch more voltage(i know 3 are on your graphic card)
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hdm5501 View Post
                Does everything look OK in the CPU-Z and EasyTune settings? If so, I guess I can live without the iGPU for a day to get to the bottom of this.
                The CPU-Z report can't be oppened.

Comment

I just fixed the CPU-Z report.

Comment

Well, I changed the QPI to 1.10 from 1.05, and now I am able to do a soft reboot successfully. Kind of strange. Will run with this and see if any artifacts show up.

Comment

Qpi/vtt is for the memory controller inside the cpu,you won't need much on sandybridge and 1333mhz,some chips don't like more than 1.16v and don't use more than 1.2v
                      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Can you post a capture of EasyTune HWMonitor voltage readings? Can't trust much CPU-Z for that.

Comment

EasyTune voltage etc per request (this is after I bumped qpi to 1.10v):
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	easytune-voltage.png
Views:	1
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	751796

Comment

Looks OK i was concerned about the 3.3v but it looks OK in ET.

Comment

Well the artifacting happened again. At least the reboot problem is solved, though it seems that was unrelated. I have project to finish up on so I'll probably disable the integrated GPU next week when I'm done with it and see how that goes.

Comment

did you increase igpu memory in bios? and try two/three clicks more igpu voltage?
                                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                                X