GA-M68SM-S2L BIOS Update Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-M68SM-S2L BIOS Update Malfunction

Greetings fellow readers.I've got a little problem or should i say one huge problem.I recently updated my BIOS to fix the problem I've got with my PCI Bridge Function 8. I got told by a guy that works at Matrix that i should update my BIOS. So i used the @BIOS that i received with my computers MOB to update my BIOS. I updated my Computers BIOS and it asked me to Restart my computer so that's what i did. I ended up With a Black screen at start-up. My HDD runs + HHD Led light flashes once on start up, my CPU Fan runs, My CD/DVD ROM works perfectly. I cant Do anything i cant enter my BIOS due to the black screen, my mouse and key board doesn't work my USB ports as well.I took out my RAM unplugged all power cables form the PSU, removed my GPU and took out the MOB, I resembled the Computer out side the tower just in case there was a short somewhere but that wasn't the case either. I unplugged the the screen left it for 30 Seconds to run by it self and reconnected it to on-board GPU and still nothing. I tried to reset the BIOS by taking out the CMSO and still nothing. The MOB Speaker doesn't even give me any beeps at all. I Don't believe my MOB is dead its brand spanking new, So is my PSU, My RAM as well. all i get is a black screen and nothing else. i don't have any removable devices attached in any USB Ports.I'm Running an Gigabyte GA-M68SM-S2L MOB, EZCOOL 450W PSU, 2X SAMSUNG 2GB RAM at slot one and two, Maxtor 500GB HDD, NVIDIA GT 9500 512MB Graphics Card and AMD Phenom CPUAny help would be appreciated. Regards Johan

Re: GA-M68SM-S2L BIOS Update Malfunction

looks like a bad bios flash,you shouldnt use @bios as its windows based,if it crashes while updating then your bios chip is corrupted,always use q-flash and a usb stick,or atleast use the very latest version of @bios,and not an outdated one that will be on your mb cd

so nothing on screen with the onboard graphics either? tried clearing cmos by leaving mb battery out for longer? maybe overnight?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goofyvictim View Post
      Greetings fellow readers.I've got a little problem or should i say one huge problem.I recently updated my BIOS to fix the problem I've got with my PCI Bridge Function 8. I got told by a guy that works at Matrix that i should update my BIOS. So i used the @BIOS that i received with my computers MOB to update my BIOS. I updated my Computers BIOS and it asked me to Restart my computer so that's what i did. I ended up With a Black screen at start-up. My HDD runs + HHD Led light flashes once on start up, my CPU Fan runs, My CD/DVD ROM works perfectly. I cant Do anything i cant enter my BIOS due to the black screen, my mouse and key board doesn't work my USB ports as well.I took out my RAM unplugged all power cables form the PSU, removed my GPU and took out the MOB, I resembled the Computer out side the tower just in case there was a short somewhere but that wasn't the case either. I unplugged the the screen left it for 30 Seconds to run by it self and reconnected it to on-board GPU and still nothing. I tried to reset the BIOS by taking out the CMSO and still nothing. The MOB Speaker doesn't even give me any beeps at all. I Don't believe my MOB is dead its brand spanking new, So is my PSU, My RAM as well. all i get is a black screen and nothing else. i don't have any removable devices attached in any USB Ports.I'm Running an Gigabyte GA-M68SM-S2L MOB, EZCOOL 450W PSU, 2X SAMSUNG 2GB RAM at slot one and two, Maxtor 500GB HDD, NVIDIA GT 9500 512MB Graphics Card and AMD Phenom CPUAny help would be appreciated. Regards Johan
      Here is where a little searching for advice would have saved a MOBO from RMA. Ever since I started reading these forums I have been advised to not use @BIOS for exactly this reason. The advice was to use Q-Flash always until recently when they updated Q-Flash. I believe the updated version of Q-Flash is Ver 2.12 B11.0519.1 There is a newer version but its for newer MOBO's I think. I also found out that using the latest version of @ BIOS can be useful in some circumstances(updating Q-Flash for instance?) I am running Q-Flash version 2.13 on my GA-EP45-DS3R board right now and BIOS version F11i all using Qflash in Win XP. Also some have a solution to flash a BETA bios larger than 1 MB seen here -->> http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...then-1-mb.html
      Still its best to be Cautious when ever you flash your BIOS by having a back up ready just in case. Like I have a FAT32 partition with all my BIOS files (F11e F11i F10) at the ready should I encounter trouble. I was advised to also have a floppy drive installed with a floppy containing a BIOS file as a a precaution by Lsdmeasap, the Admin of this forum.
      MadMax2911
      BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Do you still need help with this, or did you send the board back already?

<s>If you still need help I can probably help you get the board up and running by booting from the backup BIOS by using an easy PSU trick (If that fails, it's also possible to manually boot directly from backup via shorting BIOS pins but that would be last resort as it's fairly easy to do it via the PSu trick)

The method I mention is at the end of post two in the sticky BIOS flashing thread sticky

If you attempt this and it fails keep trying, sometimes it takes many tries until you get the timing right (Then you can do it easy anytime with on try once you know when to push what)</s> - Leaving this information in case someone reads/needs later.

I'm sorry, I just realized this is a single BIOS board, so it does sound like you will need to RMA as the BIOS is corrupted.

You can try putting the motherboard drive CD in, and remove all hard drives and connect the CD drive to the first SATA port (Or master IDE if you have IDE). Sometimes the boards can recover from a BIOS stored on the CD's, but I don't think you can manually invoke this recovery, it either happens when you try or not. Put in the CD and start the system, wait 3-4 minutes then reboot and see if it's fixed.

Do you have a floppy drive and disk?
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-19-2012, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X