Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Update and Questions for OC

Hello! Few questions regarding updating BIOS and drivers/utilities:

1. I have a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev. 1.0) that is currently F1. I noticed that GIGABYTE's website has my model up to F11 now. That seems like a big update. I know it says don't update if you don't have issues, but I'm trying to OC my 2500K to 4.5GHz and I noticed the CPU Vcore adjustment isn't listed so I would have to use Dynamic Vcore. I'm just wondering if updating the BIOS to F11 would add options or help me in my OC in any way?

2. I also noticed the GIGABYTE website has a ton of drivers and utilities I can download for my motherboard for my OS which is Windows 7 64-bit: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3856&dl=1#driver. I assume these are all optional, but should I download any/all of these or don't even bother?

Thanks for any help!

Re: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Update and Questions for OC

You could try the latest BIOS and see if it helps with the overclocking and Vcore issue. As for the drivers, it's normally better to use the device manufacturer's driver rather than the "generic" Windows driver. I would certainly install the Intel INF, SATA, Marvell, and Etron (USB 3.0) drivers. Personally, I like using ET6 to find the optimum overclocking parameters. It's a lot faster & easier to experiment with different voltages/frequencies/multipliers within Windows, rather than having to reboot back to the BIOS everytime you want to try a different parameter. Once you've determined the optimum parameters, enter them in the BIOS.

Comment

Working...
    X