GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 does not like my mild overclock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 does not like my mild overclock

I'm trying to realise a mild overclock of my i5 2500K processor on my Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard. I'm doing this by adjusting the multipliers in the Turbo Ratio section of the Advanced CPU Core Features page, as described in this interesting article: Gigabyte Sandy Bridge Overclocking Guide

I raised Turbo Ratio(1-Core) to 45, then Turbo Ratio(2-Core) to 45, then Turbo Ratio(3-Core) to 43. So far, no problem. But when I finally raise Turbo Ratio(4-Core) to 43 too, everything automatically switches back to Auto. I tried lower values as well, but then the same happens. What could be going wrong here?

Re: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 does not like my mild overclock

Id this the first time you post this? I am sure I have seen similar problem posted recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      Id this the first time you post this? I am sure I have seen similar problem posted recently.
      Earlier, I opened a topic about another question. Afterwards, I added this question but I got no more replies. I assumed that was because the topic title did not match the question anymore. So I removed the last question from my previous topic and gave it its own topic, complete with correct topic title. That's all.
      But apart from that, you wouldn't happen to have an idea about the content of my problem?

Comment

what cpu qpi/vtt and dram voltage are you using? isnt their an option to just raise the cpu multiplier without raising each core turbo?
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I left everything on Auto, except for "Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech." which I set to Enabled and "Turbo Power Limit (Watts)" which I set to 120. After that I started changing the values for the 4 Turbo Ratios.

Of course I could simply raise the CPU Clock Ratio, but that would give me a permanent overclock. I do not need that. All I want is extra power when my system CPU switches to Turbo. I do a lot of photo and video editing, but when I'm not doing that, I do not need my computer to run at 4+ GHz.

Any ideas on how to realise this?

Comment

doesnt your cpu downlock automatically anyway if you just set a specific cpu multiplier? mine does regardless of turbo enabled/disabled,aslong as eist and c1e are enabled in advanced cpu features,you probably just need a slight tweak in qpi/vtt voltage and set dram voltage according to whats printed on your ram,it will be either 1.5v or 1.66v which will be 1.648v in windows,qpi/vtt you could try around 1.10v-1.15v,cpu v could be left on auto or normal or set a fixed amount of cpu voltage but then it wont downclock/throttle at idle might need 1.2-1.25v you would need to test for stability and lower if possible
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X