Unstable system with GA-Z68X-UD3-B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unstable system with GA-Z68X-UD3-B3

I've got the bsod again. Now i try with the first from voltage 1.65 to 1.7 and VTT from 1.2 to 1.4; may be will burn to buy another one.
    I've noticed that when i select the XMP "profile1" it automatically set the timeings and and voltages for the 2133. so i belive that who build that profile, worked just for him, and he didn't try any tests.

So, I've disabled the XMP"profile1" and i've set it manually to 21.33 [2133Mhz], the timeings are on auto and i've set the votages that i metioned above.
    i hope i wont get another bsod cause i'll grab a hammer and smash it!

Comment

1.4 qpi/vtt will be too much and cause blue scrrens just as much as too little,test with between 1.08-1.2v for qpi/vtt voltage only,1.66v for dram voltage should be enough,if its still blue screening it could just be faulty ram

sandybridge cpu's dont need a huge amount of qpi/vtt voltage to run high ram speeds unlike x58
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

1.4 QPI/Vtt may burn your CPU, it is not memory voltage, it is voltage for the CPU cache.

There is no need to smash anything, and there are a few things you can try:
        Select another XMP profile, e.g. 1866 or 1600 profile. You will still need to set QPI/Vtt somewhere between 1.08v to 1.2v.

Your BIOS is F2, there are newer BIOSs at the board page on GB site, F2 is not even there.
        If you choose to update BIOS, do it with the built-in Q-Flash utility, and memory on default ettings.

Make a bootable USB flash-drive with memtest86+ and run the test with one of the memory modules at 2133, maybe you have a bad module.

Comment

Hello again!

I have great news. Today I've played 3h of a 3D video game and I didn't get a BSOD with the 2133Mhz. I think I've done it!

Here is what I've done:

I've disabled the XMP default profile, and I've set the Memory Multiplier (SPD) manually to 21.33.

Next I've set the DRAM Timing to AUTO. (I don't know if it's ok that).

After that I've set the memory voltage and QPI/VTT Voltage to 1.400V and DRAM Voltage to 1.705V.

Why so mutch? Cause the Default X.M.P. profile is setting it automatically to 1.35V VTT and 1.65V DDRAM (for 2133Mhz), BUT after half of hour or 1 hour of playng a 3D game i get the BSOD.

So, I've decided to increase the voltage substantially to see what is happening. I don't know if there is too mutch Voltage, but the memory temperature is preatty ok, aroung 40-50 deg. C in a 3D game, and the good part is that i dont get the BSOD and the game works fine.

THANK YOU VERY MUTCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, and if you have any suggestions or ideas I'm waiting to hear them.

Olso, I've attached the CPU-Z tech specs file and a small video of the BIOS settings.

Have a great day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlBJFNjyr1s

http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/66759926/file.html

Comment

Leaving timings on auto you are running 12-14-14-39 at 2133.

I am not sure at all XMP sets QPI/Vtt though it states it as a profile QPI/Vtt since there is no way to know what paltform this is for, probably X58.

Making too many changes at once there is no way to tell which made the difference.

At the bottom line what counts is the memory performance, so if running 1866 with spec timings result with better performance than 2133 wuto timings that is what you should use.

Comment

Working...
            X