Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45T-USB3P Dolby Support

Hello,

I'm having some major difficulties trying to get Dolby Home Theater functionality working with my EP45T-USB3P. I've tried using both the bundled drivers on the CD, and the latest Realtek drivers on Gigabyte's website dated August 26th 2011. While I'm not overly concerned with getting the Dolby software itself to function, I would like to make use of Dolby Digital Live for games and movies that don't offer native AC3 audio. From what I gather from UD3P and UD4P owners, this should be an available option within the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

When using the CD drivers and the bundled Dolby Control Center application, the Dolby Digital Live option is notably absent from the Default Formats available for the optical outputs. Additionally, I cannot launch the Dolby Control Center application without it crashing due to an "Internal Error". A second error message immediately follows, shown below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	755959

After uninstalling both the Dolby Control Center and Realtek drivers, I downloaded the latest drivers from Gigabyte's website. Here once again I cannot find Dolby Digital Live as a Default Format in the digital output properties. The Dolby Home Theater v4 software included in the PCEE4 folder will also refuse to install, giving the error message "DHT cannot be installed". Attempting to install the Dolby Control Center in conjunction with the new drivers results in the same error message shown above.

So far the only answer that Gigabyte's phone support would offer is that Dolby is only licensed for Vista, not Windows 7, and unlike Creative drivers you cannot purchase a license pack. This simply doesn't make sense to me considering how squarely the motherboard was marketed towards Windows 7 what with all the compatibility logos on the manual, website and box. The Dolby logo is even more common, printed on the actual PCB itself. Heck, a Dolby case badge was included in the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SPECS:
    Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P F1, F2d
    Xeon E3110 (Core 2 Duo E8400)
    8GB DDR3 1066
    XFX GeForce GTX260
    1110 PSU

Re: EP45T-USB3P Dolby Support

GA-EP45T-USB3P - F2

-Support Dolby Home Theater
    -12.Oct 11

Comment

Hi Stasio,

Is this the same BIOS as the F2I beta I was given yesterday by Tech Support? If so, I'd like to say that this BIOS works beautifully in resolving not only the Dolby issue, but also a RAM compatibility issue that myself and others have experienced with Crucial Ballistix Tracer memory.

If it is the same as F2I though, there's a new bug I discovered where enabling Turbo USB 3.0 will cause the system to fail POST and repeatedly power cycle itself in a loop. Support is still working the issue, but I love that there's actually progress on this now.

Thanks again!

Comment

F2 is final release.
        Check the date of Beta F2i.
        Btw,
        if no problem,can you upload F2i somewhere,thanks.

Comment

Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P BETA BIOS F2I
          dated October 11th, 2011 according to CPU-Z.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ep45t-usb3p-f2i.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	751613

DOWNLOAD (please mirror)
          Possible known bug: "Turbo" USB 3.0 mode may cause failure to POST.

Comment

Working...
          X