Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the use Gigabyte technical support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the use Gigabyte technical support?

My motherboard is a GA-Z68-UD7-B3. Supposedly the best chipset gigabyte board Z68.
    I had a problem with the reset button. When pressed a few seconds, giving a dual-boot and load the default values. When I contacted them they told me to change it for another. Could be a bug in the bios but not taken into account.
    Now, I have a problem with my SSD Agility 3. When I updated the bios F8, the write speed is lower.
    I've been reading online and in other forums that this problem happens to other people with the same motherboard gigabyte and others such as the P67A-UD7-b3 to upgrade to the latest bios.
    With the OCZ Vertex 3 also occurs and do not know if other manufacturers ssd.
    When contacted Gigabyte this is the answer:

"Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, since BIOS F8 is released for Intel 22nm CPU supporting, if the system works well with earlier version BIOS, we do not recommend you to take your own risk to update BIOS since risk involves and sometimes if the procedure went wrong, the BIOS may got corrupt and not covered by warranty, sorry for the inconvenience."

I expected something like:
    We will investigate and if necessary update the bios ...

I honestly expected more from Gigabyte. I'm not happy with your product.

Re: What is the use Gigabyte technical support?

Aside from the support, a few thoughts.

As far as your ssd, did you also update any drivers or only the bios to F8? (i see there is a new usb 2.0/3.0, i just imagine any driver change could be the issue, not just the bios)
    Do the speeds pick back up on the ssd's if you revert to the F4 or F2 bios?

Could the reset issue be a problem with your pc case?

I am not saying that the problem isn't the mobo, i am just asking if you took these other things into consideration.
    GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, 2600k @ 4.0
    16 gig Corsair Vengeance
    Evga gtx 260 216, samsung 2253lw"
    Baracuda 7,200.12 Cooler Master 212 +
    Win 7 64, fsp fx700-gln, Razer DA,G15

Comment

I've read that its a known issue regarding the reset button,you just have to be patient and wait for a BIOS release to fix it,as for your ssd,have you updated the firmware for it? And I've read that disabling c3/c6 in advanced CPU features fixes the issue
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by micro5797 View Post
        Aside from the support, a few thoughts.

As far as your ssd, did you also update any drivers or only the bios to F8? (i see there is a new usb 2.0/3.0, i just imagine any driver change could be the issue, not just the bios)
        Do the speeds pick back up on the ssd's if you revert to the F4 or F2 bios?

Could the reset issue be a problem with your pc case?

I am not saying that the problem isn't the mobo, i am just asking if you took these other things into consideration.

The problems of the case is not the button, I tried another case and the problem remained.

I then updated the bios only. It has not been any change of drivers as it is a clean installation, and then changed the bios.

If I go back to the F7 version, the SSD problem disappears. But I have no support for 22 nm, pci-e 3.0 and the new turbo boost.

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
        I've read that its a known issue regarding the reset button,you just have to be patient and wait for a BIOS release to fix it,as for your ssd,have you updated the firmware for it? And I've read that disabling c3/c6 in advanced CPU features fixes the issue
        I have disabled C3/C6 state. Improve the situation but not the solution. In Atto seems that everything goes well, but when you test-SSD As you see I do not completely solve.

My SSD have the latest version of firmaware which is 2.11.

Comment

You could ask gigabyte for a modified BIOS to try,tell them what's happening
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X