Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] Can't get Lucid virtu to work on my Gigabyte mobo, Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Solved] Can't get Lucid virtu to work on my Gigabyte mobo, Help!

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 mobo (z68) with a 2600k.
    I download and install the virtu software from the gigabyte site and i have gotten the same software from the lucid site.

My monitor only has dvi/vga.
    I have dvi from my gtx 260 to my monitor and i have the vga from the mobo to the monitor.

I install the software and when i try to run the program, i get this pop up:
    http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z100/micro5797/virtu.jpg
    "Virtu Alert Can't run with this current gpu configuration" etc.
    I don't get any virtu icon in the task bar.
    Virtu shows up in the start menu, but i get the pop up when i open it.

I tried to see if i could enable from bios, though every where i read, it said virtu will run through windows and that you don't have to change anything in bios.
    All i could find was what video port to set to look for on boot. PcieX16, pcie x8, pci or on board. I tried on board and didn't get any display. I had to reset cmos at this point.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

EDIT:
    I did update to the F8 bios (newest) as suggested in the Lucidlogix VIRTU download area on the gigabyte site.
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3853#utility

EDIT 2:
    A guy with about the same problem with his MSI.
    EDIT3: His problem is solved as well.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/294858-30-z68ma-ed55-virtu-mode-problem

[SOLVED]
    Read post #7
    Last edited by micro5797; 08-17-2011, 10:52 AM.
    GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, 2600k @ 4.0
    16 gig Corsair Vengeance
    Evga gtx 260 216, samsung 2253lw"
    Baracuda 7,200.12 Cooler Master 212 +
    Win 7 64, fsp fx700-gln, Razer DA,G15

Re: Can't get Lucid virtu to work on my Gigabyte mobo, Help!

Lucid Virtu does not support the multi display

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper530 View Post
      Lucid Virtu does not support the multi display
      Am i then working with the wrong software trying to get video display through my cpu?
      What software should i be using?

Unless you are thinking that i am trying to run dual monitors?
      I am trying to get my vga to be my main display through the cpu and have the video card switch on only when it needs to.
      16 gig Corsair Vengeance

Comment

RTFM
        Depending if you want to use i-Mode or d-Mode the monitor must be connected to either the iGPU or the descrete graphic card, not both.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
          RTFM
          Depending if you want to use i-Mode or d-Mode the monitor must be connected to either the iGPU or the descrete graphic card, not both.
          I am not even getting to the point where this matters. What am i missing to even get to the point where the lucid software will even work or have the icon show up in the task bar?

I have both the video card and mobo connected so that i can tell when the i-mode is active by switching to that input on my monitor or switch via the lucid software.

I have totally disconnected the video out on my discrete video card and just connected the igpu and booted my pc. There is no display at all as i am still not getting the software to work.

This is my first attempt at setting up this virtu system. Specifics would be helpful.
          Thanks.
          16 gig Corsair Vengeance

Comment

You need to enable Onboard Vga(Advanced BIOS Features)
            Also try settng Init Display First to Onboard.

Comment

Re: Can't get Lucid virtu to work on my Gigabyte mobo, [SOLVED]

[SOLVED]
              Well, it took me quite a while to figure out that i needed to install a "video controller" driver for my cpu.
              While installing and uninstalling my Lucid virtu software, windows 7 popped up saying "do you want us to update the video driver via windows update!?". (Intel (r) hd graphics family).

After this was updated, virtu now works perfectly.

EDIT:
              I am trying to change the name of the main thread to say "solved", but i am not seeing how!
              I go to edit,advanced options but it only gives me the option of changing the title of my reply. (on my original post).
              Last edited by micro5797; 08-12-2011, 09:54 AM.
              16 gig Corsair Vengeance

Comment

Nice to hear you got this sorted out!

I'll update the title for you in case other search for help on this issue later.

Comment

Re: [Solved] Can't get Lucid virtu to work on my Gigabyte mobo, Help!

I had same problem with MSI z68a-gd55. Here is what I found solved the problem:
                  (This post applies to all instances of difficulty installing the Virtu Logix software.)
                  1. You must install a driver for Intel HD Graphics Family (for the HD 3000 integrated gpu on 2500K and 2600K)(or hd2000 on
                  2500 ). My driver was on the mainboard CD, under Drivers--VGA.
                  2. Once you have installed the Intel HD Graphics driver, check Device Manager, and you will see Intel HD Graphics Family
                  listed under Display. (Start--Right Click on Computer (in windows 7)--properties--Device Manager at top left--Display.
                  Note: If you only see "Standard VGA Adapter", and discrete card, like AMD or NVIDIA, you don't have Intel HD driver
                  installed.
                  3. That cured my problem. However, you also need the following:
                  a. Driver installed for Discrete GPU (mine is GeForce GTX 9800. This will also be listed under Display in Device Manager.
                  You can download this from video card maker website.
                  b. In Bios, have to enable either i-mode or d-mode for Virtu Technology (for MSI, under Advanced--Integrated
                  Graphics configuration.
                  c. In Bios, same place, IGD multi-monitor must be enabled.
                  4. Once you have all this, you have to install the virtu logix software (from the CD that comes with your mainboard).

I hope this helps others...
                  Phizzbin

Comment

Working...
                  X