Gigabyte ud3r x58a revision 2 bios FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte ud3r x58a revision 2 bios FF

Hello, im having some problems with my pc.
    gigabyte ud3r x58a revision 2 bios FF
    rams kingston 1600 mhz cas latency 7-8-7-20 voltage 1.65 (creator timings).
    i7 960 3,2 3,3 with turbo boost on(i have it disable)
    im using extreme memory profile.

my problem is every 1-2 weeks i have one time cold boot issue, when i power it it shut down after screen showing the ram somethink like that, and opens in 1-2 sec instant alone.

what i must do ?

Re: Gigabyte ud3r x58a revision 2 bios FF

Has it always had cold boot problems? What qpi/vtt voltage are you using? If auto what has it set it to?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

system memory multiplier (spd) (auto)
      1.65 voltage
      performance enhance turbo
      vtt if i remember right 1.4

i missing somethink?

Comment

Qpi/vtt voltage 1.4v? seems high,have you tried 1.35v?
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

btw i have write that 1 time after 1-2 weeks have cold boot problem.

Comment

It only happens once or twice every few weeks, or only one time ever and not again since that one time?

Comment

every week... on cold boot, closing and instant open ..

Comment

maybe the dvdrom have problem because i have it on intel controller and its set to ahci or no?

Comment

The DVD ROM should be fine on the Intel controller, RAID, AHCI or IDE modes should not matter. You should put your DVD drive on the last Intel port though, and have your main OS drive on the first (SATAII_0)

What I would do is test each stick of memory one at a time (By itself), on a cold boot. So boot with a single stick of memory in any white slot for a few days, then if no issues switch to the next stick for testing for a few days, until you have tested each one a few times on a cold boot (at least 6-8 hours after being powered down). This way you will test and rule out any single stick from being the cause of the issue, it's the only way to test for that.

Comment

i have run memtest for hours with many settings on rams, 0 errors..

Comment

That is not what I said at all, and can't test for the issues you mention.

Please cold boot test each stick one at a time, using the method I mentioned. When you cold boot test, all you need to do is boot to windows once each morning with a single stick, this way you'll see if one of them is causing the issue or not. If it is, then you'll get BSOD's as soon as you get into windows, and you could also run a HCI Memtest once in windows too if you wanted just to be sure, maybe 1-2 instances of HCI memtest and then just test 500MB in each up to 100%, should only take 5 minutes or so.

But you must test each stick one at a time as I mentioned, with 6-8 hours of downtime between each so you are actually testing a cold boot. The HCI memtest is not usually necessary, if you have a single stick causing this issue you'll usually notice the difference immediately compared to a good stick, as you'll normally get errors shortly after windows loads if the stick is bad.
                      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-07-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

ok i will test that, by the way, i must close first the psu(the button for the power) and then remove the two sticks? because i have 6 gb ddr3 ..

Comment

can you explain me how to use that new mem program you send me, i must have 1 stick each test inside? and what i must type in the bellow box .

Comment

Hello, i complete the test you told me, with one-one stick, i boot 3 days with 2 gb each stick alone and it boot normaly, what else i must test?

Comment

Have you tried setting timings and voltage manually ? Set QPI voltage to 1.35 , DRAM voltage to 1.65 and manually set RAM timings to 7-8-7-20 and RAM multiplier to 12x . If it's not happy at that setting , raise the QPI voltage slightly . 1.35v for QPI voltage is Intels max safety specification , but I think you should be safe upto 1.45v . In " advanced memory setting " in the bios , set " Permormance Enhance " to " Standard " .

Is this the kit : KHX1600C7D3K3/6GX ?

I am not Gigabyte support spokes person , but I do own the same motherboard as you and own Kingston 1600 CL8 kit , and in my experience this worked .
                              Xeon E5620 @ 225x18 1.325v | Corsair XMS3 1800 8-8-8-248 @ 1.66v / QPI 1.52v | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R ver 2.0 | GTX295

Comment

Working...
                              X