• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethernet and USB Problems

CPU: Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
    MBR: GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3
    PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V
    RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

Recently attempted an upgrade from 9800+ gtx 1gb to a gtx 460

I've dealt with this for a week and will summarize. I can expand in later posts if requested.

Problem: Installed new GTX 460, worked for 2 days. Then, GPU failed to be detected, USB failed to be detected, ethernet failed to be detected. W7 would not boot.

Fix: Installed old GPU, switched sata ports, got W7 back. Last system restore was several hours after GTX 460 installation. Proceeded with system restore. Updated USB drivers. USB devices do not register until W7 password screen. They seem to have to be reinstalled every reboot. But, I can live with that.

Next Problem: Network card not even listed in device manager. LAN MAC Address in bios (F5) listed as N/A. Majority of the time there is no green light at my ethernet plug. There was one occasion where I remember it on. It is usually off.

I did not flash my bios. I updated drivers on the GPU, USB, and RealTek several times. Components were continually moving around in my case. I have read other threads, that did not have solutions (because I'm assuming the PM'd the moderator) that I could pull from. Does the N/A listing in my bios mean I damaged my network card and will now have to go buy and install one?

Thanks for the responses ahead of time.

Re: Ethernet and USB Problems

The network issue could be a BIOS issue, and since you mentioned you had not updated that maybe you should now to see if it will help.

I would update to the latest BIOS using Qflash, then shut down the board and clear the CMOS fully for about 20 minutes. Then start the system and enter the BIOS and load Optimized Defaults, then save/apply/reboot F10, and reboot BACK to the BIOS.

Once in the BIOS this time set your SATA/Disk settings, then memory voltage and anything else you want to set, then you can load windows.

I suggest you flash with Qflash and be sure to disable "Keep DMI Data" before the flash.

Here is a guide on how to clear your CMOS, in second post of this thread. Also in that thread is how to use Qflash if you are not sure.

Comment

Working...
    X