Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!! ep35-ds4 problem - shutdown after few seconds

Hi guys,

Until now i've just read this forum and i didn't think i would have to post it here.

I've just bought an ep35-ds4 MB and i've try for past 2 days to set up it.

First, with a Q6600 CPU i receive a blank screen with 3-8 beeps. I also replace the CPU with D930 and, after i read few posts, i remove 2 of 4 memory, leaving only 2 Gb of memory. Right now, i manage to start the MB and enter the bios. But after 5 second the pc shuts down without notice. And so on everytime. I also changed the video card and the PSU with a new Gigabyte 550W. Same shuts down...

Please, some advice? The only thing i didn't change is the RAM. Modules are ELIXIR 1Gb @800.

Thank you in advance.

Mihai

Re: Please help!! ep35-ds4 problem - shutdown after few seconds

I would begin checking the chipset heatsink, push it down at the center, make sure it's seated properly.
    This a used board not new I assume?

EDIT: and bent pins in the socket.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      I would begin checking the chipset heatsink, push it down at the center, make sure it's seated properly.
      This a used board not new I assume?

EDIT: and bent pins in the socket.

Thanks for quick reply.

Yeap, the board is not new, but it works fine when i test it before buying and everything was ok.

It is safe to push down the chipset heatsink? There is a special way to do it?

Rgd,

M.

Comment

Sorry this heatsink probably cannot be knocked easily.
        HAve you checked the CPU socket?

Comment

yes.i checked the CPU socket when i change to 930. from my knowledge, if the CPU isn't insert properly pc doesn't start and receive post beep warnings. my case is that the CPU is recongnized, i've seen it in post screen, and i can enter the BIOS/QFLASH/RECOVERY but after it shuts down.

do you think can be an incompatibility issue between CPU fsb and RAM? both CPU's works at 1066 MHz and the RAM works on 800 Mhz. i read something about setting up the frequency and voltage for memory in bios in order to make it work all 4Gb. but since a cannot have time to make adjustements in bios, how can be done/check?

i forget to tell that i've reset the bios, both hard reset (on MB) and soft reset (quickly from BIOS)

M.

Comment

Which brand/model power supply are you using?
            You might want to test with a different power supply.

Check out http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post301218 post #2 for suggestions where you test your system with a minimal hardware setup and set up the motherboard outside of your computer case.

You might need to clear your bios using the steps in http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post258596 post #2 (Clearing the CMOS).
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

the PSU that i bought yesterday (brand new) is a Gigabyte GE-P450N-C2

GIGABYTE - PC Components - Power Supply - Superb series - Superb 550

i've already done the hard reset and use qflash (all 5 different configuratins). last step is to update the bios, version onboard is F6 and on site the latest is F14, but i cannot do it because of shuting down.

M.

Comment

Can u get into PC Health before it shuts down see is temps are too high there.

Comment

i cannot go in PC Health, but neither the CPU, chipset or GPU doesn't look hot (even to my fingers or to temperature monitor located on my case). the temps indicated during the 5 seconds are between 27 and 29 degrees.

M.

Comment

Do you have other memory you could test with? If so try with one stick of some other memory, in the first slot next to the CPU.

Both of those CPU's are supported since BIOS F2, so it's not a CPU support issue
                    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 775 - Intel P35 - GA-EP35-DS4 (rev. 2.1)

You might want to get the board out of the case and off the motherboard tray and see if the same issues occur or not, that way you can rule out shorts as a cause of this.

Comment

Working...
                    X