Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-P35-DQ6 motherboard: is it version 1.0 or 1.1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DQ6 motherboard: is it version 1.0 or 1.1 ?

Hi,

BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F9B, 9/17/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.4

My motivation in posting here is to see if there might be an upgrade to the BIOS.

But, I have examined the screen shots of both the 1.0 and 1.1 GA-P35-DQ6 motherboards on the Gigabyte Website:

Lasting Quality from GIGABYTE.GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ motherboards bring together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer users the absolute ...

and they look identical.

Any ideas on how to determine which motherboard version one has ? None of the markings I can read on my motherboard indicate either 1.0, or 1.1.

thanks, Bill
    Last edited by BillWoo; 04-25-2011, 12:26 AM. Reason: include additional information

Re: GA-P35-DQ6 motherboard: is it version 1.0 or 1.1 ?

Look at the edge near the SPDIF_IN header.
    I do believe that versions 1.0 and 1.1 share the same BIOS.

Comment

They are the same, just different cooling, here is from the FAQ for this board

2007/08/23
      The difference between motherboard revision 1.0 and 1.1 is the cooling system design. Revision 1.1 has a modified layout structure reinforcing the overall construction of cooling design to improve quality. When the product is used under same conditions, the thermal performance and system compatibility between revision 1.0 and 1.1 are the same.
      GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - FAQ

And here shows where you can find the Revision # on the board
      GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - FAQ

Comment

Thanks, Chike and Lsdmeasap, for your replies.

Yes, I do have version 1.0.

It is interesting that: even though the difference between 1.0 and 1.1 is stated to be only in the cooling system, GigaByte provides two different BIOS update downloads, one for each version.

best wishes, Bill

Comment

It's the same file on both download pages, just added to both for whomever looks at each one specifically.

Comment

Working...
          X