Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was referred to use this site to state my problem by some friends : ud4 b3 vcore bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was referred to use this site to state my problem by some friends : ud4 b3 vcore bug

Hi there,

well over the course of re-stabilizing my rig with higher clocked ram... i had to increase my qpi voltage to 1.2v on the gigabyte ud4 b3 board using the latest bios f3.

I am running at 5ghz 24/7 at 1.45v fyi... but i was binning my cpu to check how high it would go so i booted with a 53 multi for 5.3ghz at 1.48v.

After i got into my OS i checked easy tune... the vcore was listed as 1.778v?!?

I immediately panicked and restarted my computer as soon as i could to check my bios. I get to my bios and check the vcore... it shows 1.48v and my qpi is at 1.2v... i then check my current vcore where it states current settings and it is putting out 1.78v?! I basically started hyperventilating for the second time and put everything at stock as fast as i could

To check things out, i booted at my 24/7 clock at 5ghz 1.45v with my qpi at 1.16v.. all turns out fine... but just to try to find out what happened i upped my qpi at 1.2v again and keep the same vcore 1.45v... i boot into windows and check easy tune 6 and bam 1.778v?!? wth? same thing in my bios... i also checked my idle temp in bios when it was at a supposed 1.78v and it idled at 58C?!

My cpu cooling:
    xspc res/pump 750
    rx 360 rad push pull
    xspc cpu block... i get pretty good temps and idle never breaches past low 40s.

Is this a confirmed bug? i turned my qpi down to 1.18 and everything seems fine.. but as soon as i increase it too 1.2v even with the same vcore.. vcore sky rockets to 1.778v?!
    Last edited by badatgames18; 04-10-2011, 08:26 PM.

Re: Was referred to use this site to state my problem by some friends : ud4 b3 vcore

What LLC are you using, that might be the issue since they implemented new LLC levels.

What does HWmonitor show the vcore as when it's 1.7xx in easytune?

If you find it is a bug please PM Stasio and let him know so he can report it to them when he requests next beta's, there is other bugs in the new final BIOSes, so newer beta's or new finals will be out shortly

Comment

Re: Was referred to use this site to state my problem by some friends : ud4 b3 vcore

yes hwmonitor showed the same thing...(in hwmonitor vcore is actually qpi voltage and vcore is listed under cpu) i held my breath and did it again for the sake of making sure... basically whenever i increase qpi to 1.2v my vcore skyrockets...

urgh! i spent 5 minutes looking at the temperature and readings in OS. Now my usual overclock is unsable, i get a bsod everytime i boot in with the overclock i have been using for months. at 1.45v

on the ud4 b3... there is only 1 level in llc... it seems like the llc on f3d was alot better... it gave me less vdroop when stress testing.

please report this to whom ever can tell gigabyte to fix this... i'll need to go out and buy another chip due to this 'bug'
      Last edited by badatgames18; 04-11-2011, 01:18 AM.

Comment

I'll link Stasio to this so he can report it to the BIOS team!

I can test as well, what BIOS does this again, just to be sure - the final F3 one right?

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
          Changelog (P67A):

-Solve press reset button cause system abnormal
          -Implemented "Multi-Steps Load-Line" (UD7/UD5-10 levels).

Flash with "Load Optimized Defaults" and CLEAR_CMOS.
          DO NOT use old BIOS profile!!
          Did you read this?

Instead of hwmonitor,use latest HWiNFO32 v3.72-1209 Beta
          This happen to me also as I use old BIOS profile.
          This BIOS require to be set manually ,after clear CMOS.
          Last edited by stasio; 04-11-2011, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update on this Stasio, so I don't need to test right - known issue require clear CMOS then it's fixed right?

Comment

Right.

Comment

Cool, thanks for stopping in to comment about this for us!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification stasio, lsdmeasp... one last question... for some reason my usual overclock that i have been using for months is no longer stable... does that have to do with the vcore skyrocketing?

EDIT: after switching back to f3d... i only needed to increase my vcore by .01 to get back stability. But still
                  Last edited by badatgames18; 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I bet it's just placebo effect from you worrying :)

CPU all have a break in period anyway, and until that happens voltages needed for stability can rise or fall until it settles in.

Comment

Working...
                    X