EX58-UD5 3way SLI not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 3way SLI not working

I need a bios update for EX58-UD5 which opens the PnP/PCI Configurations menus in the bios so I can change the IRQs manually. 3x GTX470 EVGA do not work on this motherboard no matter what settings you try in latest bioses. Anyone from Gigabyte monitors this forum?
    If anyone has a 3way SLI using GTX cards, please post your feedback. Thanks.
    GA-EX58-UD5, Intel Core i7 [email protected] on air, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT Rev. C, 3x2GB Corsair Dominator 1600, 2x Vertex Turbo in RAID-0 on ICH10R, 2x WD Velociraptor in RAID-0 on ICH10R, 2x EVGA GTX470 in SLI, Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate SP1, Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality PCI-e, Klipsch Promedia 5.1 THX Speakers, BMW 335i Coupe.

Re: EX58-UD5 3way SLI not working

On the MAIN page of the BIOS hit Control + F1, and that option will appear after the screen flashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      On the MAIN page of the BIOS hit Control + F1, and that option will appear after the screen flashes.
      does not show up on F12 bios at CTRL+F1, any particualr version that has CTRL F1 enabled?
      GA-EX58-UD5, Intel Core i7 [email protected] on air, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT Rev. C, 3x2GB Corsair Dominator 1600, 2x Vertex Turbo in RAID-0 on ICH10R, 2x WD Velociraptor in RAID-0 on ICH10R, 2x EVGA GTX470 in SLI, Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate SP1, Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality PCI-e, Klipsch Promedia 5.1 THX Speakers, BMW 335i Coupe.

Comment

Does the screen flash? If so go into the MIT section and see if you see spread spectrum, if you do then Control + F1 is working and your BIOS just does not have the PCI/PnP page.

Even if it is there there is only one option anyway, and I'm not sure it would help you in this case, it's not the same as the old P35 page anymore.

You may need to send in a report here, so they can test this exact setup and see if they have issue and if so maybe send you a special BIOS.
        GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Comment

In the main menu CTRL+F1 flashes, but the only additional option I see is USB resume sleep in one of the menus, nothing else.
          I have submitted this to their tech support:
          I need a version of the EX58-UD5 bios which has the PCI/PNP settings page for IRQs to set them manually. CTRL-F1 does not bring any hidden menus in my bioses I tried (F12 up to F13t beta from tweaktown)
          I use a Creative X-Fi Titanium in pcie x1, and trying to keep running 3x GTX470 in 3way sli. No matter what I do after few reboots the IRQ steering is changed automatically by the bios, knocking out my GTX470 seated in the last pcie X8 slot. This way 3way sli is almost impossible to set... I need to start removing cards one by one , and after reinserting and rebooting several times I may get to show all 3 cards again... this is very frustrating when your motherboard is advertised as supporting 3way SLI ... 2way sli works perfect in first 2 pcie slots, the problem is the 3rd slot, which looks like is trying to share IRQs with a bunch of other devices randomly, NIC onboard, USB, Jmicron, you name it, very random after each reboot.

Thanks

Comment

Ahh ok, ya then it's not in your BIOS, it wouldn't help much anyway as there is only one setting and I don't think it's as easy or applying to a certain slot like you are thinking.

I'd have to check to be sure, I'll do that here shortly, but I think it only allows you to set one IRQ and it doesn't even show what that is applied to.

Hopefully they will help you get this sorted out!

Comment

Thank You for your prompt replies

Comment

I checked, and the only setting in that page for recent boards is PCI Latency Clock Timer, I think only in P35 or older boards there was an IRQ setting, but it only allowed you to change a single IRQ and did not specify what that IRQ was supposed to be assigned to to begin with.

Hopefully they will get back to you with an answer or a BIOS you can try out.

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere for sli you have to add one card at a time and re-install drivers after each card added?
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I read that too, and that was the way to get them recognized few times randomly and sett al 3 cards in 3way sli; but the problem is, you reboot, and that whole thing needs to be done again and again, which is a big f p i m a...., the bios decides to reroute IRQs after each reboot by itself, all I need is manual settings in the bios for IRQs, is this so hard Gigabyte to do for us? Why was this feature removed from almost all new motherboard bioses I don't understand...

Comment

Working...
                    X