Defective X58A-UD9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective X58A-UD9?

Hello i had a X58A-UD7 rev1 was workling perfectly with an i7-950 @ 4.2GHZ. Recently i switched to an X58A-UD9 rev1 that i found at a very good price (like 180euros) but it was open box from RMA. The issue is that sometimes computer shuts down after a couple of seconds running Linx. This happens only fow a few mins and after that its working perfect. Its not the PSU as i tested it with A Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w and a Corsair tx1000w. The computer doesnt shuts down on normal state and as i mentioned it doesnt shuts down after a few times that this happens even on overclocked state and manages to pass 50passes linx full mem. Shall i RMA the motherboard even that in normal state seems to working propertly?

Re: Defective X58A-UD9?

did u upgrade to the latest bios, loaded default settings and setted ure settings after?

Comment

yep

Comment

So this is random, or was it random at first and happens all the time now?

You aren't using your exact UD7 settings are you? You will need to tweak and test again on UD9, and test with something other than LinX (And 50 runs by the way is way too much - your CPU is crying)

Comment

it was random now it happens all the time even at stock! How the compatibility of UD9 and corsair vengeance 6GB DDR3-1600 kit?

Also when this happens the computer recognise less memory in cases. I removed cpu checked socket for bend pins but everything there seems fine.
          The weird thing is +12v voltage measured with hwmonitor latest version. I have min like 1.09v and max like 16v! in bios tho its 11.999
          Last edited by nfanis; 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

ya, that memory should be fine.

Your mention of loss of memory means one of two things usually, either incorrect Uncore and or QPI/Vtt voltages, or bent CPU socket pins.

Can you give us your full settings in a template from my signature, and then some images of your CPU socket if you don't mind. If you do take some images be careful! And take them in a well lit room with Macro if the camera has it, with no flash and from a few angles looking from the sides towards the socket.

Comment

Cant take pictures since my cellphone camera sux. But i checked the socket and its fine (my work is in IT management). Now im at process of testing each memory module one by one. While on 1 module i can bench perferctly stable. Will try with 2 and see what happens

Comment

Is your cellphone the only camera you have? No offense meant at all man, but I have heard that before many times and then after seeing images many times I find bent pins.

So it would be great if you could find a semi-decent camera and post some pics once you have a chance. Otherwise continue your single stick tests to be sure none are faulty, then tinker with QPI/Vtt 1.25-1.425+ (Depending on speed and timings and uncore speed).

Also manually set uncore to twice the memory multiplier, or 1-2 above

Comment

It was the CPU IMC... I changed cpu and everyting is fine now

Comment

Working...
                  X