Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking Issue - GA-P35-S3G

Hello Guys

I am on the brink of a breakdown here lol! My PC has crysis 2 installed but framerate is a bit poor so I wanted to overclock my extremely easy to overclock motherboard and CPU.... however it doesnt seem quite as easy as I thought :(

Antec Sonata II with 400PSU
    2x4GB 800Mhz Cosiar XMS Memory
    E7200
    Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G

I am using optimised defaults in BIOS at moment.

Basically what happens is when I touch the CPU FSB and up it by even a single mhz, when I restart, it restarts again and resets back to default values :(

I've tried everything, auto voltage, manual voltage, upping mhz by 1 - 20% , I always ensure memory value stays at 800mhz or below.

I've tried updating my BIOS from F2 to F5 and then after a forum read to F3, (I did use @bios - wont be doing that again after reading this forum!)

I've even tried taking out battery and resetting CMOS and then overclocking - still no luck!!

I'm not asking for much jus a FSB 333 , and so E7200 clocks in at 3.16. I've kept voltages the same as been told for FSB 333 it won't be a problem, but happy to try and increase them ( also tried doing this with auto -but then told gigabytes put too much voltage in usually)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Overclocking Issue - GA-P35-S3G

What graphics card are you using?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

opps sorry Im using 1gb Ati 4850 -sapphire i believe :/

Comment

I can't help you much on that mb/cpu but other users like chike will help you,I think your gpu would be the bottleneck more than your cpu though or your ram speed,what resolution do you play at?
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

1900 x1200 which yeah i figure is too high, and to be fair if i lower it the game ebcomes playable, unfortunately once I get determined to do something I can't focus on anything else and I really want 3 + ghz out of my cpu especially as its e7200 and everyone raves on about it reacing 4gz etc.

I tried doing FSB to 275 and it worked, someone suggested maybe a jumper or something is blocking it? but woudln't have thought that be true for a gigabyte motherboard :/

Appreciate anyhelp, thanks anyway mate!

Comment

CPU support list says you need BIOS F4 for E7200.

Set Performance Enhance standard, SMM(System memory Multiplier) 2.4, DDR2 Over Voltage +0.1, MCH OverVoltage +0.1.
            Begin with CPU Ratio 8, and then go up.
            What is CPU normal voltage, and what kind of CPU cooler do you use?

Comment

I use an artic silver freezer pro 7 or something - it had gr8 reviews about yr or so ago :)

Normal voltage is 1.2000v or something (sorry for vague details at work - not working :/)

Where did u find the F4 details, I tried to F3 and F5 - if thats the reason I'll cry lol literally been spending hours trying to get this to work :)

Ill try your settings tonight

Comment

LOL saw that you posted link to list, sorry - thanks I'll try tonight.

Comment

The BIOS should not be the reason, It's just to make sure all CPU features work crrectly.

Comment

So what should I set the cpu voltage providing its 1.2000v?
                    Should all over settings be optimised default? Is it worth resetting CMOS before doing this?
                    Nick

Comment

Set 2-3 clicks above for 2.66GHz and then as needed for 3 and 3.16GHz.
                      Could be just the MCH holding you back because it's a lot of RAM.

EDIT:
                      Set PCI clock 100 too, all the rest normal/defaut for now.

Comment

How long did you take the battery out and clear CMOS? Please remove the battery, and unplug the PSU from the board or wall, then press and hold the case power on button for one minute and then let the system sit overnight while you sleep.

Then put it all back together the next day and boot up and enter the BIOS, then load Optimized Defaults and save/apply/F10 and reboot. Then once it reboots go back into the BIOS and set any settings you need too like ram voltage or AHCI, ect.

Then once you have booted to windows reboot and try to change the FSB again 1-5Mhz and see if it will work or not. If not you may need to RMA the board, I've seen this before a few times and it was either the board itself or faulty CPU once I think.

If you have P35-S3G, and not EP35-S3G, then the latest BIOS is F6c. Yes, this is beta, but I would suggest using it since BIOS support for this board is not going anywhere since it is so old

If you flash, do the flash and then reboot and do the above things I mentioned doing after starting the board once the Clear CMOS was done.

These settings should get you 3.6Ghz easy for starters, as long as cooling is up to par (And of course if you can get the board to accept a FSB Change that is)

Code:
                        Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto or Fast]
                        CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9] 
                        [B][COLOR="blue"]Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.0]  << Set 0.0[/COLOR][/B]
                        CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                        CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [401] 
                        PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
                        C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                        System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00A]
                        DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

[B][COLOR="red"]Performance Enhance = [Standard][/COLOR][/B]

CAS Latency Time________________ 9
                        Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 9
                        Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______ 9
                        Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 24/26  (We need a link to your memory or model #, but these should be ok for now)

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ Auto or 3-4
                        Rank Write to READ Delay________  Auto or 3-10
                        Write to Precharge Delay_________  Auto or 4-12
                        Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 72-82
                        Read to Precharge Delay__________ 4-5
                        [B][COLOR="blue"]Static tRead Value_______________  Set 9 for now [/COLOR][/B](Lower later slowly testing as you go, maybe 5-6 possible and will be best performance)
                        Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                        DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] = 2.1V check memory voltage and adjust accordingly if it's not 2.1V
                        PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
                        FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
                        [B][COLOR="red"](G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.2-0.3V] [/COLOR][/B]  Very important for 4-8GB
                        CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.xx]   All up to your CPU, maybe 1.25-1.42 should be plenty for 3.6Ghz

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                        No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
                        CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                        C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
                        x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
                        CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
                        CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                        Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
                        Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

Working...
                        X