Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-UD3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-U

+ Hard Disk
    But you don't need to set it as boot, just select it on the fly, press F12 during boot, and then + Hard Disk, USB woud show as USB 0-0 or HDD 0-0.

Comment

SOLVED - Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install

A different Windows DVD did the trick. I dunno wtf. My old disc worked fine for 5 years. /shrug

The new windows dvd accepted the AMD RAID drivers. And my OS is on SATA Ports 0-1 now.....instead of the GRAID ports. As I suspected, the crappy GRAID ports were causing most of my instability issues.

Now that the OS RAID is on the AMD SATA ports, controlled by the southbridge, the machine has been very stable. My disk drive gained .4 in windows experience index by moving to the amd sata ports. And I even managed to get my 1866mhz RAM to run over 1666mhz @1872mhz.

thanx for your help and input.
      Last edited by phosphene; 04-10-2011, 01:07 AM.
      Completely unstable computer, even when underclocked
      Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 rev 2.2, BIOS F5a <-- avoid this mobo like the plague
      AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz @3.2GHz
      CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1866Mhz @1333Mhz
      Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1GB
      2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
      700 watt PSU
      Blu-Ray

Comment

Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-U

Hey man, I mentioned trying that long ago.... :(

Just giving ya a hard time, I'm glad to hear you finally got it sorted out man!

Awesome to hear your happily overclocking and stable now too, enjoy!! Finally! :)

Comment

Re: SOLVED - Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install

Originally posted by phosphene View Post
          A different Windows DVD did the trick. I dunno wtf. My old disc worked fine for 5 years. /shrug
          Have you had AMD with RAID setup before?

This piece of crap wont stay running long enough to build a disc image. Playing a movie is asking too much from this unstable junk hardware. I promise never to buy AMD, Corsair, or Gigabyte ever again. I have learned my lesson. Im an Intel guy from now on.
          I demand a applogy :-) blame Microsoft insead.

Comment

Re: SOLVED - Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install

Originally posted by Chike View Post
            I demand a applogy :-) blame Microsoft insead.
            LOL! yeah, microsoft sucks. Windblows has always been crashy. I do all my important work on Mac OS(daily driver) The windows machine is just a toy(hot rod)

Yes, i finally got the RAID drivers to load and its a lot more stable. But a 50% increase in stability, from 20%, is still unacceptably unstable. Most the time, it wont even idle overnight without locking up. I'll apologize after this box stays running for a week or so. So far, its' record is about 36 hours. booooo!

This is still gonna be my last(and first) Gigabyte build. The GRAID ports are extremely unstable. Remember, the "G" in "GRAID" stands for Gigabyte. The company doesn't even have its' own support forum. Their RAM support lists are limited. And Gigabyte never responded to my support ticket.
            2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
            700 watt PSU
            Blu-Ray

Comment

It's a shame they don't respond, but I can tell you I had several replys from ASUS that were close to useless.
              What are the current instabilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                What are the current instabilities?
                Anything that requires hard drive access has a 50% of freezing the entire system....startup, read/write, defrag, run apps. I have a hard time believing that everything, except the mobo, is crappy.
                2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
                700 watt PSU
                Blu-Ray

Comment

Is that on the RAID still? All with stock settings?

Comment

LOL! yeah, microsoft sucks. Windblows has always been crashy. I do all my important work on Mac OS(daily driver) The windows machine is just a toy(hot rod)

Yes, i finally got the RAID drivers to load and its a lot more stable. But a 50% increase in stability, from 20%, is still unacceptably unstable. Most the time, it wont even idle overnight without locking up. I'll apologize after this box stays running for a week or so. So far, its' record is about 36 hours. booooo!

This is still gonna be my last(and first) Gigabyte build. The GRAID ports are extremely unstable. Remember, the "G" in "GRAID" stands for Gigabyte. The company doesn't even have its' own support forum. Their RAM support lists are limited. And Gigabyte never responded to my support ticket.
                    GRAID is actually J.Micron controller, not Gigabyte at all and should really only be used for storage where speed and reliability isn't such a big deal.

Gigabyte has several official forums and this is one of them, but there is also German, UK, French, Netherlands, and Russia forums.

Sorry they did not reply to your ticket yet, they are often backed up there. How long ago did you send in the ticket?

Comment

Yeah, I still can't get this POS to become stable. Even at stock/underclocked settings, it has severe stability issues.

It'll post, boot, and even run games at most settings....3.2/1333, 3.74/1866, 4.0/1666, 4.0/2000. But the longest itll stay running is a day or 2. And even mildly overclocked, I'm lucky if itll run for an hour.

This motherboard has choked on everything I have thrown at it. And all Ive been throwing at it is its' own drivers.

It choked on my OS disc
                      it choked on the RAID drivers
                      the Realtek LAN drivers have widespread known issues with torrent checking
                      the GRAID SATA ports are junk
                      the USB power during shutoff is not powerful enough to charge my iphone4
                      the user manual is "general" and is missing many of my board-specific BIOS setting descriptions
                      the board is short and misses the end support bolt on my case. This creates a threat of breakage during RAM installation.
                      The main SATA bank is directly under the 2nd video card slot.

I'm trying to think of something nice to say about this motherboard, but I can't. I don't even like the color.
                      Last edited by phosphene; 04-20-2011, 08:21 PM.
                      2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
                      700 watt PSU
                      Blu-Ray

Comment

Did you install the On/Off program, you need to to enable the higher charge I believe (Not sure as I don't use it)

Latest is here

Board is short? Sounds like your case may be made incorrectly instead, all boards must follow specific form factors, cases do not always have to do this and even when they try do not always get it right :)

Hmm, sorry to hear you dislike the board so much. Was this the best board you could afford at the time, just wondering why you didn't choose and 890FX or something higher in the 870 lineup?

Comment

Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-UD3

Solution:
                          Story: I just built computer with new motherboard Zotac GeForce 6100ITX and ran into the same problem, that the driver for SATA is not signed etc. All other parts except motherboard are used. I already was about to replace CPU, because it was flooded by Sandy: rusty pins, some salt still on it. But in the last moment, it decided to plug any other new hard drive and try it the last time. With new hard drive no additional drivers needed. So, it was a problem with hard drive. The drive i decided to use for this build came from broken RAID5 array. I never wiped it, just tested. So, when I plugged this hard drive to my work computer, windows start complaining something about signature of the drive conflicting with another drive. I deleted "RAW" partition and created a new partition on whole disk. Plug it back into my project and not windows installation in going through without any questions.

Comment

Working...
                          X