Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOT POSTING! Gigabyte UD3R Rev2, new build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NOT POSTING! Gigabyte UD3R Rev2, new build.

Do you have another pc to test your gpu in? Could be gpu,I don't think its bricked bios chip and be carefull because if you short the wrong pins you'll need a new bios chip soldering on,I would test gpu if you can,try with another just to eliminate it,same for psu
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Please post some images (High Res, Macro, no flash, well lit room) of the CPU socket, from a few angles.

I know you said you didn't see any, but it's best to have us check as I've heard that many times in the past and ended up finding several sometimes (No offense meant at all).

Also, can you borrow a 920 CPU to test with? There was BIOS before FF and they may not have supported the 960 CPU, and your board could have shipped with one of those BIOSes.

Also, please test with another older PCIE or PCI video card, it very well could be that new GFX card causing it to not boot, I have seen that before for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Please post some images (High Res, Macro, no flash, well lit room) of the CPU socket, from a few angles.

I know you said you didn't see any, but it's best to have us check as I've heard that many times in the past and ended up finding several sometimes (No offense meant at all).

Also, can you borrow a 920 CPU to test with? There was BIOS before FF and they may not have supported the 960 CPU, and your board could have shipped with one of those BIOSes.

Also, please test with another older PCIE or PCI video card, it very well could be that new GFX card causing it to not boot, I have seen that before for sure.
        Digital camera shat itself, so cant do hi res, and there was no offence taken :)
        Cant do a 920 test, dont know anybody with one.
        Wont be able to get a hold of a pci-e card today.

I'm having a guy come look at it tomorrow who will bring some gear, right now ive just given up. Such a shame this happend.

Thankyou everyone for your advice but ill see what happens tomorrow and keep you all posted. Maybe this will be able to help someone else out in the future.
        Dual boot Win 7 pro 64bit & Ubuntu 64bit, i7 960, Gigabyte UD3R rev. 2, Gigabyte GeForce 560Ti SOC, 12gig Corsair Dominator (3x4gig ddr3 9.9.9.24), Thermaltake ToughPower 875watt PSU.

Comment

So no camera at all, doesn't have to be really expensive, just not a $20 camera :)

Well I wish you luck tomorrow! It's always best when yuou have other hardware to test with, so you should be able to get it sorted out tomorrow I'd imagine as long as the board is OK.

Have him bring a 920-950 CPU if he has one, or 965/975

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
            So no camera at all, doesn't have to be really expensive, just not a $20 camera :)

Well I wish you luck tomorrow! It's always best when yuou have other hardware to test with, so you should be able to get it sorted out tomorrow I'd imagine as long as the board is OK.

Have him bring a 920-950 CPU if he has one, or 965/975
            I remember looking in a thread which you were posting in and i remember you wrote about PM'ing someone information about RMA. If worst comes to worst may you also PM me with information about sending my motherboard back for repairs/replacement? Cheers.
            Dual boot Win 7 pro 64bit & Ubuntu 64bit, i7 960, Gigabyte UD3R rev. 2, Gigabyte GeForce 560Ti SOC, 12gig Corsair Dominator (3x4gig ddr3 9.9.9.24), Thermaltake ToughPower 875watt PSU.

Comment

In Australia you can only RMA through your place of purchase, then they RMA the boards with Gigabyte.

So did you and your friend make any progress in the troubleshooting, or have you not done that yet?

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                No, he never turned up. I dont really have many friends who know much about computers, so i'm going to probably have to pay someone to tell me my mobo is ****ed.

Comment

I'm thinking its the graphic card esp being a new model,but that's just my guess I can't be 100% sure
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

I have noticed something else.

The PG Signal on my power supply flashes red when my system restarts aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sola2k View Post
                      I have noticed something else.

The PG Signal on my power supply flashes red when my system restarts aswell.
                      Would be good if you had a spare psu to try,even a cheap unit would do for testing purposes,I've known mbs not to power up or boot up and loop due to incompatible psu,are there any friendly pc stores near you? You could ask them to test your mb with different psu and graphics card? I cantsee them charging you much if anything just to plug a psu into it
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Power Good flashing on your PSU sounds bad, it shouldn't do that right? Sorry, I've never seen a PSU that had a light for this, but it sounds like a bad warning light.

So I'd for sure try with another PSU if you can in case that one is bad, and another video card when possible as well.

*Edit*
                        I did some digging and found that if that light is red then it means it's a bad sign, green is good. So it very well may be a faulty unit.

Comment

hi, (im from dominican republic, sorry for my bad english)
                          well i was having the same problem, i had tried everything until i take out the cpu (processor) and cleaned it up with a eraser (pencil eraser)(you can do this to all the rams to), later i put it again on the socket and turned on the pc without the fan (dont worry it does not get burned up that easily) and like a miracle the pc booted up just fine, immediately after that i turned off the pc and put fan back, etc etc etc... thats it, i hope you find the information helpfull.

Comment

Thanks for your post tibon!

Yes, you can clean the contact pads on CPU's with eraser or alcohol based cleaners (Be sure it's dry before using again).

Any update on this Sola2K?

Comment

Ahh yes sorry, i should have posted in my own thread as soon as i found the problem. I did post on someone else's though http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-950-help.html and believe it or not that was my exact problem. three bent pins.
                              I ended up buying another ud3r and having someone else install it. As for the 'faulty' (heheh) motherboard, it has been sent off for repairs and i shall use it in another system, or even sell it.

Again i would like to thank you all for taking the time to help answer my question and lsdmeasap it seems you were right all along -- bent pins! (if i had my bloody camera i'm sure you would have spotted them :P)

Comment

Thanks for the update! I probably saw your other post, and then just forgot that you posted it when I asked how things were going on this.

Glad you found the problem, sorry you had to RMA though, but at least you are now done messing with it for hours!

So the new board is all good right? Hope so, post back anytime!

Comment

Working...
                                X