EX58-UD4P Lan port dead-Activity light stuck on orange and hang on shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD4P Lan port dead-Activity light stuck on orange and hang on shutdown

My 2 year old EX58-UD4P seems to have developed a dead lan port. I have tried disabling and then reenabling the port in bios. I also tried reinstalling the realtek lan drivers and still the lan chip is not identified in the os.

Just in case I have to RMA I have been trying to find my serial number on this board and can not seem to find it in the bios or on the top of the motherboard.

I sent in an email to the Gigabyte website and it has been sitting unread. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated with either finding the S/N and or a way to confirm once and for all the prognosis for the lan port.

Thanks
    Last edited by smite; 03-15-2011, 10:49 PM. Reason: correction

Re: EX58-UD4P Lan port dead-Activity light stuck on orange and hang on shutdown

Please check in the BIOS, on the MAIN Page, press F9 for system information and see if a MAC Address is listed for the LAN.

Serial number on that board is on the outside of the 24 Pin Motherboard power cable connection.

As for the LAN, if you do not see a MAC Address listed in system info in the BIOS, you can try a few things to fix this. One you can try an extended Clear CMOS, or you can try updating to the latest (Or same) BIOS using Qflash, but before the flash be sure to disable "Keep DMI Data"

If you need help with either of those methods let me know.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I tried what you suggested. After not seeing the mac addres in the bios using F9 I cleared the cmos using the jumper and still the port is not recongized in the bios. I then tried doing a q-flash and disabled keep DMI data and the problem still persists.

I guess at this point the port is probably a lost cause. Thank you again for your help. I will call in for an RMA.

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Please check in the BIOS, on the MAIN Page, press F9 for system information and see if a MAC Address is listed for the LAN.

Serial number on that board is on the outside of the 24 Pin Motherboard power cable connection.

As for the LAN, if you do not see a MAC Address listed in system info in the BIOS, you can try a few things to fix this. One you can try an extended Clear CMOS, or you can try updating to the latest (Or same) BIOS using Qflash, but before the flash be sure to disable "Keep DMI Data"

If you need help with either of those methods let me know.

Comment

You may need to RMA, sorry man!

If you don't want to RMA you could always get a cheap ($10-20) USB or PCI wired or wireless card.

Comment

Thanks again for the response. For some reason when trying to RMA they do not seem to like the serial number on the side of the 24 pin interface. I am pretty sure I wrote down corrctly and then verified it again. Is there any other way to get my serial number through the bios?

Thanks

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          You may need to RMA, sorry man!

If you don't want to RMA you could always get a cheap ($10-20) USB or PCI wired or wireless card.

Comment

Are there any serial numbers printed on the side of the pcie slots? Also should be printed on the mb box,near or around barcode area,it will have sn before the number
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you for the response. Not that I can see. There is another white paper attached to the motherboard with numbers on it between the PCI slots but nothing that is prefaced with a SN like the one on the side of the 24 pin port. Also it does not seem to match the number convention with year and date of manufacture the way the other one does.

I do have the actual outer box but had to send in the barcode with the serial number when I submitted it for a rebate.

I wonder if they have records of my rebate.

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
              Are there any serial numbers printed on the side of the pcie slots? Also should be printed on the mb box,near or around barcode area,it will have sn before the number

Comment

They should have records,if you go to gigabytes website and click returns it shows you where on the mb the serial numbers are printed
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Take a picture of your serial number on the board 24 pin slot for us to look at, and then type back to you, maybe you see a digit wrong or something?

Comment

Working...
                  X