Ex58 Extreme help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex58 Extreme help please

Hiya all<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Would anyone with this mb be running it without the extra cooling on the chipset as I realy need the extra pcie slot covered by the heatsink.<o:p></o:p>
    I am currently running sys i7/920 2.6 @3.4 and am happy with that overclock but may be giving off more chipset heat than normal.
    Thanks for any help in advance guys/girls.<o:p></o:p>

Re: Ex58 Extreme help please

You will be fine without the added heatsink. You do mean the extra one you add in manually correct?

The one that comes stock installed on the board, that is also connected to the mosfets, needs to be there but you do not have to install the secondary extra one.

You can leave it off and if the NB is warmer than you want you can point a 80MM fan at it or something like that, that will help a lot.

Comment

Thanks LD gave it a try this avo and all seems good,trying to make room for this beast looks nice but just what i need in our very hot house,nVidia Geforce GTX580 DirectCU II Edition 2GB.takes up 3 slots :).

Comment

Wow, 3 slots?!!

Comment

Hehe yep will use the first pcie slot and cover the next pci and pcie slot ,3 slots high :).
          Buy ASUS nVidia Geforce GTX580 DirectCU II Edition 2GB PCI Express Graphics Card - ITSdirect Australia

Comment

Wow man, now that is a very large and expen$ive card!

Comment

Working...
            X