GA-X58A-UD9 refuses to boot from USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD9 refuses to boot from USB

Alright, I just created a bootable USB and I'm trying to boot off the Windows 7 installation off from my USB on my UD9 motherboard, problem is that it won't boot. However, entering the BIOS it will recognize the USB, though I set the USB to the first bootable device and it works, but however when trying to start the Windows installation, it will prompt me a message that it cannot find the correct devices and drivers for installation. I have used this bootable USB on other computers and it worked flawlessly, but it does not work on my UD9. Any ideas?
    Intel Core i7 3930K | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI | Corsair AX1200 watt Power Supply | 20x LG SATA DVD+/- RW | LG BluRay/HD DVD Combo Drive| Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers | 42" Toshiba 42XL700a at 1920x1080 1080p | Asrock X79 Fatal1ty Champion | Coolermaster HAF X | 1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 1x 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive | 1x 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM

Re: GA-X58A-UD9 refuses to boot from USB

Not sure, but I think the windows installation needs it's own boot OS (nt free dos or alike).
    create a USB bootable windows installation - Google Search

Comment

I've never installed off USB, so I wouldn't know for sure.

But can you tell us which "USB" device you set?

Have you tried "USB-ZIP?" I think this is the proper USB device to install from Phoenix/Award.

Comment

I tried USB-ZIP, that didn't work. The default USB device is USB-HDD. I tried using the same settings on my other Gigabyte motherboard and it worked, it doesn't work on the UD9 for some reason.
        Intel Core i7 3930K | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI | Corsair AX1200 watt Power Supply | 20x LG SATA DVD+/- RW | LG BluRay/HD DVD Combo Drive| Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers | 42" Toshiba 42XL700a at 1920x1080 1080p | Asrock X79 Fatal1ty Champion | Coolermaster HAF X | 1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 1x 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive | 1x 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM

Comment

Are you connecting your USB to your back port?

Comment

Nah, in the front, it won't boot regardless of any kind of USB port I plug in.

Comment

What other USB devices are connected to your pc?

Comment

Is the USB already bootable and made correctly to install OS with? And you tested it with the current OS on it to be sure it boots on other boards?

Leave your HDD set as the first boot device in the 1, 2, 3 boot order in the BIOS. Then leave the USb connected and reboot, then hit F12 on the POST/Splash screen where you would normally hit Del to enter the BIOS.

Then on the boot menu screen choose +HDD, then on the next screen choose your USB by name. That is how I always boot from USB, no problems ever.
                Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-10-2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Lsdmeasap. I'll try that when I reinstall my OS next week. :)

Comment

That's how I always boot from USB, never tried any other methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      Is the USB already bootable and made correctly to install OS with? And you tested it with the current OS on it to be sure it boots on other boards?

Leave your HDD set as the first boot device in the 1, 2, 3 boot order in the BIOS. Then leave the USb connected and reboot, then hit F12 on the POST/Splash screen where you would normally hit Del to enter the BIOS.

Then on the boot menu screen choose +HDD, then on the next screen choose your USB by name. That is how I always boot from USB, no problems ever.
                      I've sucessfully booted the USB on two Gigabyte motherboards and installation went flawlessly, and I tried doing the F12 boot menu and it still doesn't work.

At ROSESTEEL: I have a webcam and a wireless keyboard and mouse connected to my USB. I unplugged them both and it still doesn't work.

Comment

Can't understand what the problem is, you said the drive boots but windows installation fails, those are two different issues.

Comment

Can you write down the exact wording of the error message?

Comment

Yes, please give us the exact message or an image of it.

And which issue is it, USB will not boot, or OS will not install (IE Fails during some part of the install)?

Also what BIOS are you using?
                            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-12-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X