Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)

I simply cannot flash the BIOS on my P67A-UD4 motherboard. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and using the latest version of @BIOS (Gigabyte @BIOS Writer Ver.2.09 B10.1201.1). I've currently got the F3 BIOS that it came with.

I've tried downloading from the Gigabyte server in @BIOS and I've also downloaded the F5, F6 and F7b BIOS and then trying to install them from the hard disk - nothing works. I've gone into the BIOS and set the fail safe defaults but that doesn't help. Is there any other way to flash the BIOS? I've tried checking and unchecking the "Load CMOS default" and "Clear DMI data Pool" check boxes but it doesn't make any difference.

If I try and flash F5 or F6 @BIOS crashes with a stopped responding message from windows. If I try F7b I get a message saying use the latest version of @BIOS!

I'm also struggling to get a stable overclock for this system with my 2600k CPU but thought I should update the BIOS first to see if that helps.

Damn well kicking myself I didn't get an ASUS motherboard after all the troubles I had trying to overclock my Core2 PC with a Gigabyte motherboard. Nothing wrong with the Gigabyte boards but they seem to require a very high level of voodoo to overclock. I thought the whole point of Sandy Bridge was simple overclocking...

Thanks for any help.

Ben

Re: P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)

LOL, TweakTown is still back in 2010.

My random question is what is the current year and it won't accept 2011 or 11 but does accept 2010 or 10!

Comment

Access the flash feature from BIOS with F8 and with a USB stick formatted in FAT32. You use @BIOS at your own risk. :)

Comment

Thanks, I was able to flash it up to F4 (only) using @BIOS (both the check boxes were checked).

After I rebooted with F4 I was then able to flash up to F5 again using @BIOS.

I'm now not able to flash either F6 or F7b using @BIOS - it reads the BIOS file and then I get the "Please update @BIOS to the last version!" message.

I've tried using the flash feature using F8 but it says that no disk is present....? I've got a FAT32 USB flash drive with the BIOS files on the root and also copied them to the root of my C:\ but for some reason flash can't find them. Any ideas?

Comment

In your BIOS, under integrated Peripherals, do you have something called USB legacy storage or USB storage function enabled?

Comment

btw, you might be able to help me, too. When you try to flash through F8, does it say checksum 3a00?

Comment

I've never found any documentation that states what the checksum value should be for each bios file.
              It appears that as long as the checksum value ends in "00", everything is OK.

Qflash can't find bios files on NTFS partitions. FAT 12/16/32 partitions or drives can be accessed in Qflash.
              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by ROSESTEEL View Post
                btw, you might be able to help me, too. When you try to flash through F8, does it say checksum 3a00?
                Sorry I can't help with that. It can't find a bios file to try and flash as it says there are no disks.

Comment

Make a 20mb partition in fat32 on your hdd,save the bios file there and point qflash to it
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ROSESTEEL View Post
                    In your BIOS, under integrated Peripherals, do you have something called USB legacy storage or USB storage function enabled?
                    Yep, those two options are enabled but it still doesn't find it. It's weird since if I set the first boot device to be the USB memory stick it will happily try and boot from it...

I'm going to go with the option from Wazza and format a partition as FAT32.

Comment

Checksum=3a00 is harmless. I updated fine.

BIOS is the set of menus with the blue colored background. In it, you press F8. The flash program should identify your FAT32 formatted USB stick as HDD 0-0.

Comment

Also, for sake of security, don't forget to return boot priority to your os drive! :)

I have 1st...disable (I leave blank for troubleshooting or memtest, in which case I put CD ROM here)
                        2nd...HDD
                        3rd...disable.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think a USB stick with only the BIOS file in it does anything.

:)

Comment

For flashing your bios using QFlash, the only file needed on a floppy or usb drive is the actual bios file.
                          Another option is to create a bootable floppy or usb flash drive that includes the bios file.

Another nice QFlash feature is the option to save your current bios settings and saved bios profiles to any FAT12/16/32 drive or partition.
                          This has saved me a lot of grief on several occasions.
                          Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                          P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                          4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                          MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                          Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                          WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                          SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                          Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                          Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                          Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                          MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                          Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                          HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                          CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                          E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                          Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                          Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                          HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

In the UK Gigabyte Forum we have been finding that often even if the updated @BIOS won't work that flashing using FlashSPI works fine. Of course you still need a drive to be recognised by the USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Mantis View Post
                              In the UK Gigabyte Forum we have been finding that often even if the updated @BIOS won't work that flashing using FlashSPI works fine. Of course you still need a drive to be recognised by the USB port.
                              Hey Dark Mantis!!

If you ever have users that cannot create a hard drive partition, do not have a floppy, or compatible USB Stick please shoot me an email, I can make anyone a CD ISO for BIOS flashing.

It just has to be made each time for each new user so I can include the BIOS file needed.

Or if you want I can create an ISO to flash with but without a BIOS file or flasher, then each user would need 2 CD's (One for the DOS Load, and one for Flashxxx and BIOS file).

BIOS Qflash checksums will vary from BIOS to BIOS file, they are actual checksums. Each one will show 4 digits, that can be any value, as long as you see 4 digits you are fine to flash.

Comment

Working...
                              X