890GPA-UD3H appears to be sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 890GPA-UD3H appears to be sleeping

I have the following board 890GPA-UD3H, if I leave the pc unattended say over night the monitor will be dark in the am and the only way to get the pc to respond is to reboot the pc. I have all of the power options set to not sleep or hibernate I also have the unit set to never turn off the monitor or hard drive.

This only seems to happen if I have the screen saver active, it does not exibit this behavior if I have the desktop in slide show mode. The unit has the latest bios along with A fresh install of windows 7 64bit.

I have a ticket with Gigabyte Tech Support, but as yet after 2 days no response from them, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
    Phenom II 555
    EVGA GTX 275 FTW
    OCZ 1600 DDR3 (4GB)
    Corsair TX 750 PSU
    Cooler Master Sniper Case
    Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
    Seagate 500GB Hard Drive (x2)
    Noctura Case Fans (x2)

Re: 890GPA-UD3H appears to be sleeping

It may be the screen saver locking up the system or causing the graphics to overheat and lock?

What screen saver are you using, a standard one? Does this happen with older or newer graphics drivers as well, or have you tested?

Comment

Re: 890GPA-UD3H appears to be sleeping

The screen saver in question is aptly named mystify, if i use the 3d windows screen saver this does not happen. This has happend with more than one graphics driver version. I have monitored the system temps and the 5670 amd card in question idles around 35c....I do not think the card is faulty based on its performance so far, but I could be wrong.

Least it is not a Sandy Bridge system.
      Last edited by drw1710; 01-31-2011, 11:57 PM.
      Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
      Phenom II 555
      EVGA GTX 275 FTW
      OCZ 1600 DDR3 (4GB)
      Corsair TX 750 PSU
      Cooler Master Sniper Case
      Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
      Seagate 500GB Hard Drive (x2)
      Noctura Case Fans (x2)

Comment

Working...
      X