Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a P67A-UD4 F3 bios?

Where can I find an P67A-UD4 F3 bios?
    With the original F3 bios I could get into Windows & do most things, provided I had turbo off, hyperthreading off, The CPU multiplier turned down to 30X & gave it 1.26 vcore.
    It wasn't stable, but it was usable.

I tried the F7h bios, but it would usually freeze on the splash screen.
    I used Q-flash to flash the F5 bios, rebooted & did the Alt F12 thing to flash the backup to F5.
    But while it will reliably get me into the bios, any attempt to get into Windows results it Gigabyte SPI reflashing F5. Which in turn speeds the system back up to default @ which it won't run.
    I had saved F3 to the hard drive, but I can't get in there.

Re: Where is a P67A-UD4 F3 bios?

here mate

FileFactory is the best place to upload and share files with no limits since 2005. Send and receive any type of file up to a massive 5GB with unlimited file bandwidth.
    GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

How did you originally flash your bios? You are aware that you cannot use Q-Flash for the original flash- you have to use either the newest version of @BIOS (not the one that came on your CD) or FLASHSPI. The only times I've heard of people having the bios reflashing itself is if they originally used Q-Flash to update the bios and not the other two methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Midwestboi View Post
        The only times I've heard of people having the bios reflashing itself is if they originally used Q-Flash to update the bios and not the other two methods.
        Really....I didn't think it was possible to flash the original bios to a beta with Q-Flash.
        In my case it wouldn't let me, It said the image doesn't match, or something like that, so I used FlashSPI the first time. ( I couldn't use @ Bios because I couldn't get Windows to instal without BSOD @ the time.)
        I tried flashing back to F3 (Thanks dinos22) but now it just boot loops & I can't yet back into the bios at all.
        I've got a new 2600K coming today, hopefully that will get it sorted.
        Last edited by ol'norton; 01-27-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

You can flash beta with Qflash, just not from these P67 shipped BIOSes is all.

So what happened? You flashed in F3 and it's stuck in a loop now? How did you flash F3? - Sorry, and why :)

Have you tried manually invoking the dual BIOS auto-recovery?

Comment

he had a faulty CPU Ed, as he mentioned to us at i4mem

seems rig is running ok now
            GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Yeah, I tried a new CPU & everything is good.

Comment

Ahh great to hear you were able to sort this out!

Bummer about the CPU, so it was DOA or shortly after?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  so it was DOA or shortly after?
                  I had it in a UD7 that shut down 10 or 15 seconds after it's first post, & them more quickly on further attemps.
                  As best as I can tell, the faulty board took out the CPU & my Ocz IBIS with it.
                  I thought the new CPU had sorted everything with the UD4, but it has a cold boot issue.
                  The first night I run LinX all available memory for 1/2 an hour on all default settings & 16GB's of Corsair Vengence @ it's rated 1600MHz (1/2 an hour was enough cause I had things to do.)
                  I run the computer, mostly gaming for a few hours no problem. Still on F3 bios.
                  Next morning on cold boot I got "overclocking failed" It put the memory back to 1333MHz & booted no problem.
                  I used @Bios to flash from F3 to F7h & I increased the vtt from 1.05 to 1.10 in case it was the 16GB's giving the default settings trouble.
                  I run LinX for an hour & then played Dragon Age for about 5 hours no problems.

Then this morning the bios continually sticks here

After 10 or 15 resets it got through the bios & into Windows.
                  I have got my replacement UD7, but I would like to get this stable & booting up trouble free first, as I'll hand this board down to my sister.
                  The problem with the F7h bios is much worse than with F3. Should I just try F7?
                  Freezes always in same place. Is it hard drive detection problem?
                  I have Kingston SSD in SATA3_0 optical drive in SATA2_2 & WD sata drive in SATA2_4.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the first UD7 Causing all that damage!

For now can you go down to 4GB of memory to rule out 8-16GB memory amount as part of the issue. If it is we can sort that later, but I'd just like to verify that it works ok with 4GB first to be sure.

On UD4 if you do not need CPU PLL Overvolt setting then yes you may want to play around with F3 for a while, I found F3 on UD4 and UD7 to be a bit more stable in regards to booting and failing clocks, but it doesn't have the PLL option for high multipliers.

As of now though, with a little more time spent learning how P67 works, I am using the latest BIOSes without issue on both boards. Using F7f on both

Move your optical to the last Intel port SATA2_5, and put your WD on the first SATA2 port (SATA2_2)

Comment

I had changed to the F7 bios before you replied.
                      So with 3 changes
                      ie Bios, less memory, & different sata ports.
                      It booted into Windows with memory @ 1600MHz without intervention.
                      It did a short restart after a few seconds & it stayed on the Windows loading screen for twice as long as usual, but we're moving forward.
                      Booting up yesterday after just changing the sata ports for the optical drive & WD drive bought up an error screen about the NTFS on the WD & run CHKDISK, & either found nothing or fixed it, I'm not sure. The writing on the screen flicks around too fast.
                      I'll leave it as is & see what happens tommorrow morning.
                      If all is well I will put the rest of the memory back.

Comment

How's things going now? Just checking in

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                          How's things going now? Just checking in
                          No worries this morning, I've put the rest of the ram back in & Ill see how it goes in the morning.

Comment

Cold booted straight up this morning with 16 gig of ram, so I'd say this board is sorted.
                            Thanks for your help Lsdmeasap.
                            The board doesn't seem to support the Ocz IBIS, so I'll switch back to the UD7 now.
                            The one time my first UD7 did post, it showed the IBIS as a bootable drive.

Comment

Nice to hear man!

Really, no IBIS support eh? Did you ask OCZ about beta BIOS, they may have one? Or you could ask Gigabyte directly about it

Comment

Working...
                              X