Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P35-DS3 v2.0 bios modification

Hey guys.

I have a little problem with mentioned board bios. The thing is that my LAN adapter was blown off by a over voltage, I presume. It is not working. And the board will not load with bios above F6. The problem is that by default, LAN adapter is enabled (or on auto, but it searches for it).

I have sorted things out that I flashed F6, then disabled LAN adapter in it's settings and flashed with latest one. It preserves the old values and is booting OK. But as soon as the bios is reset (it happens) I have to repat all this. I contacted gigabyte support directly, asking if they could send me a bios that has LAN disabled by default. But the end result was that I received nothing. So, does anyone know how to do this? The board is working just fine otherwise.

This is the direct link to the board:
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0)

Thanks.

Re: Gigabyte P35-DS3 v2.0 bios modification

Do you use the LAN at all? If not I could remove the LAN ROM from the BIOS for you and that should work.

Very surprised they did not send you a BIOS with this disabled, are you sure they understood what you were asking/wanting?

You could RMA the board as well if you wanted

Comment

Hey.

Yes, they understood what I wanted. It was quite long e-mail exchange with few beta bioses from their side, but it eludes me why they did not disable it by default. Never got a clear answer on that.

About LAN, well, I use lan, but I now I have stand alone giagbit cart for this on PCI port. So you could just remove LAN from the bios all together, I reckon.

And about RMA, this happened at aprox 30months of use. And i could return it in 24. So, yeeeeey :D

Cheers.

Comment

Sounds like they didn't understand then if they didn't just disable it for you, seems like a very simple request to me and I'd have sent you one beta BIOS with the LAN Disabled by default.

Ya, since you use add in PCI card for LAN now you should be fine with LAN removed from the BIOS. I do not have a P35 board here so I couldn't test the BIOS and it would be up to you to flash at your own risk, but I mod BIOS often and don't have any issues.

And since you have dual BIOS board I could help you recover anyway if something went wrong.

Where do you live? If you are in the US then you have a 3 year warranty with Gigabyte.

Comment

Here is F14 BIOS with LAN Removed from the BIOS
          P35DS3.F14 LAN Removed.zip

I do have one modified with LAN disabled as default, but I am not confident posting it for you as the size is 1k larger and I am not sure it has been modified properly, so without being able to test myself I do not feel safe giving it to you.

I could later if you want, if you are sure you know how to recover from a bad flash, if not I'd have to show you and then you test doing it from a good flash.

Then once you were confident you knew how to do it I could give you the other file if you wanted to try it.

The one linked above I am confident will be fine for you to use, it should load all normal except the LAN will fail to work of course

Comment

Hey.

Well, I have send them the screen of that bios window that shows LAN options. Made an arrow pointing to it as add a notification saying: Disable by default, not AUTO, but Disable.

Nevermind, they were very responsive and nice plus I always liked their products. So, it was a good experience none the less.

I will give your bios a try and report back. Thanks for this!

Oh, I'm from EU, so here, well, beside higher prices the warranty is also screwed up :D

Comment

Well sounds like you showed then then, wonder why they didn't disable for you?

I know they are nice and helpful, I was just trying to say maybe they didn't understand due to the lang. barrier, but it does sound like they should have.

So there is only 2 year warranty in EU?

Comment

Hey.

Managed to test your bios, but unfortunately it does not work. After I flashed it, I hard reset the board. To make sure nothing was set by me, only factory defaults. Then just let the PC do it's stuff. It was looping. First boot screen, then resources table, then, when you thing you will see OS loading stuff, the PC reboots. And it goes on like that as long as I want .)

So I had to reflash it with f6 bios, reset it again, disable onboard line (only this version displays those options even though the lan is broken), then flashed f15d back over it and it's good again. But unfortunately your F14 did not do the trick :\

Thank you anyway for trying, much appreciated.

Cheers.

Comment

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X