Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-M57SLI-S4 Rev2.0 Bios help?!?!

Hey guys,

I just bought a new CPU for my mobo upgrading from AMD Athlon 6400+ X2 to a Phenom II X4 945. I used @bios to upgrade the f/w to FHL which it states on the CPU support list is the correct. Turned off the PC to put in the new CPU, turned it on.... no display.

Triple checked everything was connected correctly. HDD's spin, DVD drive light up, fan's come on in case and fan on GPU spinning.

I have checked the GPU, RAM, PSU & HDD's on another PC, all if fine. Tried booting it just with one HDD connected, 1GB of RAM, PS/2 keyboard and monitor and still nothing.

I changed the CPU back to the Athlon and now nothing will load on the monitor with this CPU either, I've left the battery out overnight, resetted the CMOS and still nothing.

Has anyone experienced this and know a way to get around it? It could be possible that the Phenom could be damaged as it was internationally shipped to me. It is definately the correct 95W model though.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: GA-M57SLI-S4 Rev2.0 Bios help?!?!

You may have bricked the board using @BIOS...

Try connecting ONLY a CD/DVD drive to the first SATA port, or as master on an IDE cable, then put in the motherboard CD and start the system and let it run for about 5 minutes, then reboot and see if it recovered.

Do you have a floppy drive and disks? If not you may need to RMA due to bricked BIOS

Comment

Working...
    X