Gigabyte ga-870a-ud3 annoying constant dual tone beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte ga-870a-ud3 annoying constant dual tone beeping

ok first off i have never run into this issue before and have tried everything from reinstalling all drivers to removing all componants down to bare essentials to help allieviate this issue

system specs are as follows:

XFX HD-583X-ZAFV Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity
    Newegg.com - XFX HD-583X-ZAFV Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL total 8gbs so 2 kits total
    Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Card Reader w/ 3 ports USB2.0 Hub / eSATA port / Extra silver face plate / Molex Power
    Newegg.com - Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Card Reader w/ 3 ports USB2.0 Hub / eSATA port / Extra silver face plate / Molex Power

Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - OEM
    Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

OCZ StealthXstream II OCZ600SXS2 600W ATX12V v2.2/ EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply
    Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXstream II OCZ600SXS2 600W ATX12V v2.2/ EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Newegg.com - Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFS 74GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Newegg.com - Recertified: Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFS 74GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
    Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full
    Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full

now as for alil more about the issue, no where in the Trouble shooting gallery is the specific tones heard described
    these are not tones that i feel would derive from the post search error screen... these are tones that are available only after the system boots into windows and is beyond desktop activation
    normally this starts right about the time i start IE or Mozilla and lasts for about 1-2 minutes, then fades to off, however here lately it has moved into the 4-5 minute rande with an abrupt off BEEEEE Deeeeeee BEEEEE Deeeeeee constant ear piercing tone
    and lasts for 4-5 minutes in a duration then goes quiet for about 20 minutes then starts up, sooner if i open a new page

as for what i have done to get rid of the audible issue

installed drivers from disks using the realtek audio manager
    uninstalled all drivers from realtek audio manager
    installed realtek HD audio manager
    uninstalled realtek HD audio manager
    installed hd audio drivers for the HD xfx 5830
    uninstalled hd audio drivers for the HD xfx 5830
    installed 8 gb of ram
    uninstalled 6 gb of ram
    installed x-fi soundblaster extreme audio card
    uninstalled x-fi soundblaster extreme audio card
    installed HD xfx 5830
    uninstalled HD xfx 5830
    installed xfx HD 4890
    uninstalled xfx HD 4890
    installed another psu Corsair 750watt psu in hopes it might be fron power starvation but sadly it was not the case
    removed Corsair 750 watt psu

[EDIT]****** i also disabled all sound utilities on the pc and let windows install new updates for them , still didnt have any effect on system
    Then i uninstalled all sound utilities and hardware and let windows do a full reinstall and still had no response, sound was there and everything as one would exspect with the ABOVE BEEEEE Deeeeeee BEEEEE Deeeeeee constant ear piercing tone over the top of it, the same result i recieved from everything i either installed or removed from the system**********

removed all drivers and rebuilt complete audio codec files from original gigabyte archives
    still no effect

then i switched out the front pannel HD audio connector for the AC97 connector and repeated above steps to no available conclusion

this problem has been slowly fading and at one point was completely gone altogether about 5 weeks ago but is back now, however since i haven't had the system on the internet as of the moment i have not recieved any current updates on the system and i am at witts end on this issue

as for any relivant or related issues with this system

all i can say is i have built 3 other systems all identical to this system in the last 6-8 months and am currently typing this response out on the sister pc to this system which has the above system specs with the added componants listed below with ZERO issues

FSP Group Booster X5 450W Independent/Supplementary SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Dedicated Multi.GPU Power
    Newegg.com - FSP Group Booster X5 450W Independent/Supplementary SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Dedicated Multi.GPU Power

2x xfx hd 4890's
    XFX HD-489X-ZSFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    Newegg.com - XFX HD-489X-ZSFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

6x 300gb veliceraptors
    Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000BLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Enterprise Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Newegg.com - Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000BLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Enterprise Hard Drive -Bare Drive

with the 3rd system psu powering the h20 setup exclusively

RAIDMAX Blackstone series RX-700AC 700W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Blackstone series RX-700AC 700W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

can anyone think of anything i might of missed?
    Last edited by PerformancePCS; 01-18-2011, 12:29 AM.

Re: Gigabyte ga-870a-ud3 annoying constant dual tone beeping

Have you tried clearing the CMOS or updating the BIOS?

Are you sure it's not CPU overheating warning? You could test by disabling that in the PC health section of the BIOS.

If that stops it then you need to remove your heatsink fan on the CPU, put on new thermal paste, and then reinstall the fan and ensure that it is fully and snugly installed.

Comment

this issue involves nothing associated with heat as ill explain my methods below , and i am sure that this is solely based around Sound as a PRIMARY issue as it only happens when a program that uses sound is opened such as a game or that of TS3

its not a heat issue with the CPU as the cpu has a mild O/C of 3.6ghz where as the ram have a 1610 o/c over the stock 1333

the cpu and the h/s fan were correctly installed and i even opted out for the full copper edition of the h/s fan which i then lapped and polished and applied with ceramic thermal compound

as for BIOS update i have never had to deal with a BIOS update before
      can anyone provide me with a walk through guide in laymans terms as to how to accomplish this task?

Comment

if anyone here has a ts3 connection i can provide you with the audible sounds, this way you can hear the issue rather then just read it
        ts.augelite.com:9160

Comment

ok as it turned out the recent microsoft update from windows 7 update was the culprit, once i get that info ill post it here

Comment

Hmm, so you found the cause eh? I'm interested in what you've found, so looking forward to your update on this.

I came to ask if you could upload the recording to another host such as mediafire or somewhere like that, but if you've solved it then no need for me to hear it.

As for updating your BIOS, here is a guide on using Qflash, this is the recommended method. If you have any questions about it you can ask here on on that thread

Comment

normally this starts right about the time i start IE or Mozilla and lasts for about 1-2 minutes, then fades to off, however here lately it has moved into the 4-5 minute rande with an abrupt off BEEEEE Deeeeeee BEEEEE Deeeeeee constant ear piercing tone
              and lasts for 4-5 minutes in a duration then goes quiet for about 20 minutes then starts up, sooner if i open a new page
              Did you try setting a different home page on the web? What other web based startups do you have like (Weatherbug,McAfee,Norton,ect...) Try disableing those also.
              Something you can try. ↓Another solution↓
              [Tips] Stop the annoying beeping sound in IE and MSN | Windows7hacker
              Last edited by artdrivers; 01-19-2011, 07:34 AM.
              http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
              http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
              Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
              Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
              Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
              4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
              (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
              (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
              (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
              Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
              Mid size ATX case with show through panel
              2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
              Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
              Logitech G500 USB mouse
              Monitor: CMV937A
              7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
              Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Ugh. Having the same issue with my first computer build (same motherboard as above). Please post a solution if there is one.

I did notice that the dual tone only plays in system sounds. I can mute all system sounds and get rid of it and still listen to music and / or games. But it would be nice to get rid of it all together.

Thanks

Comment

I'll PM the OP so he gets an email, thought he was going to come back and update us?

Hopefully he did find a fix and just forgot to come back to update the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Amissa View Post
                    Ugh. Having the same issue with my first computer build (same motherboard as above). Please post a solution if there is one.

I did notice that the dual tone only plays in system sounds. I can mute all system sounds and get rid of it and still listen to music and / or games. But it would be nice to get rid of it all together.

Thanks

Sorry for the absence of me here lately real life and family member diagnosed with Brain cancer has had my attention instead of the PC issues at hand

with that of the dual beeping issue i traced it to a windows update issue after initializing windows 7 ultimate and downloading all of the current updates i have the general idea of what Windows 7 ultimate updates but unsure as to which one of the 3 is responsible for the issue

the download was released January 14th 2011 and is the Cummilative security Update for Windows 7 Ultimate and associated family that address's the Realtek HD audio controller and driver and the realtek Sata Driver ...it is only that one Update that i have found to cause the issue, however the odd thing is after i had dumped the O/S reinstalled the O/S and reactivated it the update has not resurfaced for download and so i cannot get the Service Update driver volume number associated with the file but the date should get you close to the driver issue i spoke of above

as for what the issue is in combination with in my customers pc

i had set the motherboard up for use of the following specs
                    XFX ATI HD audio on the ati 5830-50 was disabled
                    Onboard HD Audio was disabled
                    and i installed a Soundblaster X-Fi Pro HD that was enabled

After enabling the SB Card and downloading the most recent at the time either the 14th of January the onboard was re-initiated and conflicted with that of the X-Fi card afterwhich disabling the onboard had no function in the BIOS , you could manually untic the dissable the onboard sound and save and restart and it would still be active upon reboot

so i had to backdate the pc a second time to clear the system of that update using system restore

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your family member!! We all have real lives we have to attend to, so no worries about not stopping back in right away.

Thanks for posting that info, hopefully it will help him narrow down the issue and resolve it!

Again, very sorry to hear about your family member!

Comment

Working...
                      X