Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P67A-UD4 RAM Channel B not working

Hi all,

I just recived my new motherboard Gigabyte P67A-UD4 with CPU i5-2500K and I have huge problem with this setup more exacly RAM.

RAM sticks that I'm using: 4x2GB Crosair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 (1,65V)

Whenever I'm trying to enter RAM stick into any of channells B slots, pc reboots after about 5 sec, and I can't even enter BIOS.

When I put 2 or 4 gb into chanell A without using channell B everything works perfectly, but then i can't use Dual-channell which is rather sirious issue for me.

When I insert solely one stick into channell B (without using Ch. A), pc wont even boot.

I've tried different RAM modules (Geil) same thing, Crosair sticks work perfectly on other pcs, so those are not a problem.

I have read tons of post about people not beeing able to use dual-channell but none of them mentioned anything about solely channell B not working.

So far I have tried clearing COMS, using fail-pruff defaults, optimized defaults, setting parameters of RAM manualy, and nothing. Oh and I did update BIOS to F7b.

For manual setting I've used:
    - 1600Mhz and 1333Mhz
    - DRAM Voltage 1,5V (default) - 1,66 V
    - qpi/vtt from default (1,05V?) up to 1,22V
    - all possible combinations of interleaving
    and still nothing...

Anyone of you guys have some ideas? My knowledge about RAM adjustment is kinda scarse, I was trying only thing that I knew that wont do much harm.

Should I send mobo back? I'm running out of options here.

Re: Gigabyte P67A-UD4 RAM Channel B not working

No idea why but I can tell you that I am running the same mobo (UD4 ver) and has the following RAM setup:

Corsair Vengance - 4x4GB XMS3 modules, CL8-8-8-24, 1.5V, Vengeance Heatspreader, 240 pin

Also running the core i7 2600k ver, but that should not matter.

And this works fine for me.

Comment

Can you please carefully remove your CPU and take some images of your CPU socket for us to look at.

Please do this in a well lit room with no flash, from a few angles, with Macro mode if your camera has it.

Sounds like you have bent CPU socket pins, you should be able to boot with a single stick in any slot.

Comment

Lsdmeasap thank you so much, you were right!!

3 pins on mobo were indeed bent, don't know how that happend though, guess that I was too excitend and nervos while inserting cpu.

Anyway, my dad is a vet with very steady hands, he managed to fix pins with niddle and scalpel :D

All four sticks of RAM work correctly now, 8gb at 1600Mhz and 1.64v.

I'm impresses that you were able to determine what was the problem by just reading my post.

Again, thank you.

Comment

Awesome to see you were able to find and fix them easily!! They are so thin it's easy to bend them if you are not super careful when installing the CPU or removing the cover.

Tell your dad he's super dad of the month, those are super tiny and very easy to break, so he did an awesome job for you!

Post back anytime if you need further help with anything, we're always here to help!

Comment

Working...
          X