Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58a-ud3r AHCI Drivers

Hey,

Just ordered a OCZ vertex 2 80gb ssd and am getting everything together before I do a fresh win7 64bit install on it. The final question I have before I start is what drivers to use?

I have seen various threads about using the Intel F6 and just as many saying to use MS's.
    I had settled on using Intel's F6 v10 (although all the threads talk about v9) drivers when I see that GB has their own available to download for this mobo.

Any suggestions? And just to confirm, if I go with Intel's or GB's, I specify this during the install and not after, correct?

Thanks

F6 is only needed with XP. NO Gigabyte drivers are needed ever

Comment

Re: GA-X58a-ud3r AHCI Drivers

Thanks. I kept finding reference to doing the F6 method and wasn't aware that I could install it without them (without having problems) and then install the RST install later to update them.

Comment

Ya F6 method is only needed for XP.

In Vista or Windows 7 you can browse to a USB during the install to load drivers, if you want, but it's not needed anymore in these systems - just optional.

You can load RST Pre-install drivers during the install if you want, it would be via USB and not F6 method. You load them at the "Choose Disk" screen if you want.

Comment

Hey lsdmeasap,

Yeah sorry, 'F6 method' just rolls off the tongue faster :)

Comment

I know what you mean, no worries :)

Comment

Working...
            X