• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't update Bios

FAT32 will be fine as well for USB, just to let you know yshuwen

Comment

@ROSESTEEL
      I used the same file with a different floppy drive and a different floppy disk and it worked, I had also tried a USB floppy in few different USB ports and it didnt show.
      All my USB drives are NTFS so that would explain them not showing up
      USB storage is enabled, by default
      how did I try and use qflash?
      on bios loading screen it says "press 'END' to enter qflash
      I had three files on the floppy disk that came with the downloaded file, one was autoexec.bat so it would probably boot to a flashing utility, but I used the END key

Comment

Try loading QFlash from actually inside BIOS, in the main menu of BIOS.

Comment

Ya, NTFS would be why your USB's didn't show up, they have to be FAT32/FAT16/FAT

Nice to see you got it flashed though, now you can use Qflash as you normally would/should.

Comment

Originally posted by JustRob View Post
            Hi guys, I have a Ga-X58A-UD7 ver2 mobo and for the love of god I just can't update the bios from FB to FC...The reason I want to update is that I've been having a few issues with my vertex 2 drives in raid 0, and I was hoping the bios update might help...Now I have tried several usb pen drives ranging from 2gig to 8gig and Qflash won't see any of the drives? I don't want to use @Bios and I have tried to use a bootable USB pen drive and CD disc but still no joy! It just tells me no drive found....grrrrrrrrrr. Now I have never had any probs in the past updating bios via Qflash until now, yes I have downloaded the correct bios for my revision, but it won't work for me.....Should I try @Bios as a last resort?? I don't want to, as I know the danger of bricking the board. Why won't the Qflash see any drives? Thanks in advance...

*scratches head*
            I had similar problem with my new PA65-UD3-B3 M/B.
            In my case, my new usb moery stick had raw FAT32 filesystem without a partition table or any partitions. After creating new DOS partition table and creating/formatting one FAT32 partition in it, problems got away.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X