X58A UD3R USB power issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58A UD3R USB power issue

I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev 2 and i have a razer mouse, headset and keyboard connected via USB2.0. As you know razer always have these led logo on their product, so now the problem i have is, even when you turn the computer off the led on these things still light up. the only way to fix this is to turn off the wall switch, is there any other alternatives to stop the power flow through the usb connectors.

i have already disabled Mouse and keyboard functions in the bios setting
    also enable ErP setting will just create the same effect as switching off the main power.

P.S. My board has the issue with cold boot ups, it will turn on for a few seconds than off again than on. I've already searched about these issues, it seems normal but that is why i dont want to use the wall switch.

Re: X58A UD3R USB power issue

its normal,i have usb mouse with a blue illuminated scroll wheel and it wont go out unless i turn off at the psu switch or the mains,dont you have an on/off switch at the rear of the psu? and where do you plug your mouse into? i plug mine into the usb port on my keyboard so i can unplug it if i dont want the light on the mouse to be on
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the reply, i do have my mouse connected to my keyboard. But my razer headset has this audio control box thats connected to the back of the computer. I can switch it off on the PSU, but that just caused the computer to do a double boot up from cold. I guess there is no other way around it.. ill stick with the ErP enabled, so i dont have to crawl behind my desk everytime i want to turn it off.

Comment

I'd blame it on GIGABYTE on off charge.
        There are 3 possible solutions for this, unplug the mouse while the computer is off, buy a mouse that has no led, or buy other brand board.

Comment

Or open mouse and cut one LED leg :)

Also, for Razor I have one and I think it doesn't do that anymore, but used to and so did my MS mice (I'll have to check)

*Edit*

Just checked, my Razor does not stay powered on, at least on P55A-UD6 which does have the USB On/Off charge, so not sure what does this?

I think it might on my X58, I'll test later. I do know some firmware versions can disable or enabled it, and I think maybe it used to on my X58 and doesn't now due to the firmware I'm using in the mouse.

I'll test it later and let you know

Comment

Thank you for your reply, ive updated my megalodon headset to the latest firmware but it doesn't switch off, my keyboard does tho.

Comment

I only can test or comment on the Razor Deathadder mouse, I think mine is the 3.5G.

I'll test it on X58 tomorrow if I get time

Wall switch or ErP/EuP can cause startup issues I think, so you may just need to unplug your headset when you're not using it, if that's the only device LED staying on now.

Comment

Working...
              X