Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P55A-UD4P: Cannot access BIOS after enabling RAID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P55A-UD4P: Cannot access BIOS after enabling RAID?

I have a Gigabyte P55A-UD4P with latest BIOS (F14). I recently just went from all spindle hard drives and no RAID arrays, to a setup with one SSD, rest spindle hard drives, and one RAID 0 array. This is what my setup looks like:

SATA0: SSD (boot)
    SATA1: WD Black 1TB
    SATA2: WD Black 640GB (RAID 0)
    SATA3: WD Black 640GB (RAID 0)
    SATA4: DVD-RW
    SATA5: empty

In the BIOS, I changed the SATA mode from IDE to RAID(XHD). I did that, rebooted, and got the Intel RAID BIOS (the one that says "Press CTRL+I to enter configuration utility") and successfully created my RAID array.

However, after exiting from the Intel RAID BIOS, it goes straight to "Loading operating system..." and then on to booting Windows. I cannot figure out how to encounter the old POST screen, and therefore I cannot access my BIOS anymore! Am I doing something wrong? Is there some trick to getting the POST screen to show up along with the Intel RAID BIOS screen?

I guess its worth mentioning that my system works just fine and I currently have no need to get into my BIOS, but it would be nice for the future!

Thanks in advance.

Re: P55A-UD4P: Cannot access BIOS after enabling RAID?

Reboot, then you will be able to see the main POST Screens and enter the BIOS.

If not, try hitting the DEL key as soon as you startup the system many times and see if that gets you into the BIOS.

I know some older graphics cards are not fast enough to display the screens before the next one loads, are you using an old graphics card by chance?

Comment

I have a Radeon 5870 so the graphics card shouldn't be an issue.

But, I did spam the Del key from power-on and it got me into the BIOS! Thanks.

Comment

Ya that card shouldn't be an issue!

So are you now able to get in the BIOS anytime you need to? If not you may want to try the latest BIOS if you are not already using it, just in case that is a BIOS bug you are seeing.

Comment

I am using F14 BIOS which is the most recent on Gigabyte's website. I can get into the BIOS if I slam on the Del key as soon as I power the computer on. If I hesitate at all, it's too late and it boots right into Windows lol. I never actually see the POST screen. Not optimal but I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
          X