No announcement yet.

GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - Possible BIOS Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - Possible BIOS Issue?

Hi! First time poster here, so let me start off by saying that this is my very first time building a computer. Anyways, after turning the computer on, the fans run, as well as LED lights. However, the monitor will not display anything at all, and the keyboard is unresponsive; it won't even show the splash logo or anything. I know the monitor isn't defective as it worked hours before. No beep codes either.

What I've already tried:
    • Clearing CMOS
    • Moving around RAM, removing RAM
    • Checking wire connections
    • Switching monitor ports
    • Switching PCI slots

A friend suggested that a BIOS flash may be necessary because the CPU I am using is a AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Black Edition; would this be the case?

Also, my build if it's relevant:
    • Case: InWin Maelstrom
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Black Edition
    • PSU: InWin Commander 750W
    • Graphics Card: HIS Radeon HD 6870 1 GB
    • Cooling: CoolIT Liquid Cooling E.C.O
    • RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 4GB
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
    • Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Krab; 12-06-2010, 12:36 AM.

Re: GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - Possible BIOS Issue?

seemslike the bios that came with the mb is old and wont support the 6core chip,you need to update the bios to the latest one which will support the 6core but for that you would need an older 4 core chip to flash with,then after flashing put in the 6core chip and it should boot up,its the same thing for the intel 6cores
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      seemslike the bios that came with the mb is old and wont support the 6core chip,you need to update the bios to the latest one which will support the 6core but for that you would need an older 4 core chip to flash with,then after flashing put in the 6core chip and it should boot up,its the same thing for the intel 6cores
      Alright, hopefully the CPU switch will work!

Comment

Update, I put in the quad-core chip, absolutely no difference. This time though, I can't seem to even turn off the computer, I have to unplug the power cord. Any ideas?

Comment

try resetting the cmos,remove mb battery for 30mins then put back and try,if its still does it it could be faulty mb? but felt sure it would be a bios/chip issue
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tried CMOS clearing again, still nothing, could be a faulty motherboard, but the previous owner is positive it worked.

Comment

I would run a diagnostic test on the hard drive.
              MHDD 4.6
              Download MHDD 4.6 Free - MHDD is the most popular freeware application for low-level HDD diagnostics - Softpedia

I see reviewer ratings on the Seagate drive at Newegg at only 54% for highest rating.

Comment

Does it start with nothing connected?

try the board outside of the case and off the motherboard tray, on a wooden table or cardboard box, and then connect only the CPU and heatsink, one stick of memory, and the graphics card and see if it will start.

Also, can you test the graphics card in another system to be sure it is working properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Does it start with nothing connected?

try the board outside of the case and off the motherboard tray, on a wooden table or cardboard box, and then connect only the CPU and heatsink, one stick of memory, and the graphics card and see if it will start.

Also, can you test the graphics card in another system to be sure it is working properly?
                  I took it out and put it on bubblewrap and an anti-static sheet. Only put on the motherboard, the CPU, cooler, and PSU. When I press on, it beeps once every five seconds; non-stop I believe. Insert RAM, the beeps disappeared. Reseated RAM in varying slots, same effect. Inserted graphics card, still no beeps. Left the graphics card, but removed the RAM, same beeps, once every five seconds.

Don't have any way of testing the card, unfortunately.

Comment

Anti-Static sheet it to keep static out of the wrapper, so static actually builds up on the outside of it, so that is not good.

That is why I suggested a wooden table or cardboard box, just FYI.

It could be the card, try to find a friend that will let you come over and test with their PC or see if you can test at work maybe.

Comment

Anti-Static sheet it to keep static out of the wrapper, so static actually builds up on the outside of it, so that is not good.

That is why I suggested a wooden table or cardboard box, just FYI.

It could be the card, try to find a friend that will let you come over and test with their PC or see if you can test at work maybe.
                      Ah, didn't know that. Switched it with a cardboard box. Will try to get a friend, but nobody around me really builds or uses computers much.

I'm just wondering why it doesn't beep anymore, though.

Comment

Could you maybe test the card in a PC at work?

Or do you have an older PCIE or PCI graphics card you could dig up around the house to try instead?

Comment

Could you maybe test the card in a PC at work?

Or do you have an older PCIE or PCI graphics card you could dig up around the house to try instead?
                          Managed to get a friend who lent a working 7300 GS, did the exact same thing with the other GPU; fans spin, but no beep code or display on monitor at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X