Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte ex58-ud5 won't boot-blank screen

Hi guys,

new here. I have a system based on the ex58-ud5 that has worked fine past 8 months or so. After leaving it on for a few a few hours i came back to a blank screen. I powered down and restarted it.

I now longer get the boot "beep" (yes you may have gathered not too techie savvy) and the screen stays blank. The debug led gives a code of 26. Not really sure what this means. I have restarted a few times with no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte ex58-ud5 won't boot-blank screen

have you tried clearing the cmos by pressing the blue button at the back?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yes, tried that with no result.

Comment

have you tried only 1 stick of ram? Do you have another video card? And what cooling are you using?

Comment

Its a Silverstone Fortress FT02B case which is operating the 3x180 fans at base on medium. I have a 120mm fan on the top the case and 2 noctua fans on the CPU NH-D14 heatsink

CPU=i7 850 2.8 GHz
          Ram: 6gb
          graphics: A 4870 graphics card with accelero cooling (undervolted).
          PSU: Corsair 620w.

I will see if i can borrow a graphics card, and will try with a single stick of ram
          Last edited by Wigwam; 10-31-2010, 09:12 PM. Reason: accuracy

Comment

26 is reserved and or not used, so it's very likely that this is a 2b code you see instead, which points to a graphics issue.

2b Invoke vga BIOS

Also:

2b
            When the system powers on and the Debug LED shows the usual POST code sequence but hangs on 2b or you get a beep code as soon as the sequence reaches 2b, then the Mainboard cant detect your Videocard properly. Note that the POST code sequence might not halt at 2b but continue, so the final POST Code it displays could be FF, 00 or 7F which means the Maiboard booted, entered BIOS, or OC recovery kicked in and is waiting for Input to enter BIOS. Since the Videocard couldnt be detected properly you will only see a black Monitor and either 2b, FF, 00 or 7F. Check if there is something wrong with the Videocard, the PCIE slot or BUS, the Monitor or monitor cable. Turn the Monitor on and off, switch the Monitor cable from one D-SUB or DVI plug to the other in case your Videocard has two. If this doesnt help then reboot and load the optimized defaults. If that doesnt help either try another Videocard if possible, or try the Videocard in another system to make sure its working properly. Try another monitor or try the Monitor on another System.

So finding another graphics card to test with would be the next thing to do, you can even try an older PCI card if you have one around the house somewhere, they will work fine too.
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-02-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X