• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58ud7 doesn't start...

Hello,

Here is my new build :

HAF-X
    I7 930
    X58UD7 rev 1.0 ( I don't know the bios version)
    6GB dominator GT 2000mhz 8-9-8-24
    GTX 480
    Crucial SSD C300 64gb sata3
    Caviar green 2TB sata2
    Blu ray rewriter
    Mega shadow + ultra kaze 3000 push/pull
    Antec quattro 1200W

When I plug the power cable, the system starts running for about 5 seconds ( fans are running, LEDs are on) and the mb displays c1 on the led, with some very very fast switches to 88 or 09(?) for a fraction of second. After around 5s, the system totally stops but the power and CMOS clear button LEDs stay blue. When I push the power button of my case or the power button of the mb, nothing happens,I have to replug the power cable to restart the system. Nothing boots. It just shuts down after few seconds.

C1 is ram related, so I tried with another ram (1 barrette) : nothing. I've plugged my ram only in the white slots. I tried a clear CMOS...nothing. I've never reached the bios. Nothing appears on my screen.

I really don't know what to do...I've put a lot of money, time and effort on this system. I' ve searched a lot, like always, a solution on Internet, but this time I am lost...I hope nothing is DOA...

Thank you very much for an eventual help...

Ps : here is someone who seems to have an almost similar issue : http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-starting.html
    Last edited by Rayzen02; 10-08-2010, 08:52 PM.

Re: X58ud7 doesn't start...

try without the ssd plugged in,just plug in the wd in port0 and see if it boots up,or an older/smaller hdd if you have one,check cpu socket for any bent pins too for c1e errors,if you have another psu to try then do that aswell
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks you, I'll try that...Can a SSD do that ? I mean...shuts the system down ?

I will try what you suggest.

Comment

System power up without pressing the power button then shuts down?
        Sounds like the power is constantly short.
        Check front panel connections, or disconnect power wires, then you can short them)becareful!) for a second to power up.

Comment

Yes, it starts without pushing power button. After the shut down, the power button of the case NOR the power button of the mb works...for you it is a short in the psu ?

Comment

Disconnect front panel wires and try.
            Not not PSU, it seem as the power is always pressed.

Comment

set the mb up on a wooden table or cardboard surface and try just incase its shorting inside the case like chike says,as for ssd i was thinking it might not be supported with the bios thats on the mb making it power up and shut down
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Thanks you ! I tried ssd, nothing changes. I tried to unplug front panel wire from the mb and it worked, thank yooooooouuu ! Really. Thank you for all your help. :) you are very knowledgeable !

Comment

Pay close attention which of the front panel wires you connect to which pins.
                  If you have any doubts just ask.

Comment

Well now I don't know where to plug my front panel wire on my mobo, I don't know what pins work for power or not now :/

Comment

Please list the labels and colors on the front oanel wires.

EDIT: and the board is GA-X58A-UD7 right? What revision?
                      Last edited by Chike; 10-09-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

you have to look very closely,you will see front panel power switch printed on the mb with a +/-,makesure you connect to the right pins,also look in the manual it will show you a close up of the wiring diagram

gigabyte should do what asus have done and design their own q-connecters,would make life alot easier

on your case wires at the end it will show a +/_ too so connect the same ones to the mb pins
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                          gigabyte should do what asus have done and design their own q-connecters,would make life alot easier
                          ^^ +1
                          Realy, a little pice of plastic that make life much easier.

Comment

Yeah I tried to follow the manual the first time. Problem is the color. Red case cable is hdd led, and the red pins of the mb are for power sw. The first time I connected power sw cable to the pwr sw of the mb, but it is not the same color ...

Yeah x58 ud7 rev1
                            Last edited by Rayzen02; 10-09-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Well I am not sure colors matter that much, follow the print on the connectors.
                              Where direction important + will be normally red but may be other color but not black.

Comment

Working...
                              X