SPIDF Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPIDF Output

I hame having some troble setting up the Co axial spdif output. I have tested the input device with another computer and the spec of the unit is 96Khz 24 bit wich you can select in realtek HD Audio. However no output to the amp. Any ideas. At this stage I thing I may have a bad MB.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Case
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1
    Intel Core i7 960 @ 23 x1 88, 4.324GHz
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
    EK Supreme HF Copper water block
    6 x 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT (CMT12GX3M3A2000C9), @ 1880 MHz 8-9-8-24, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 570 in SLI
    4 * WD Caviar Black 1TB

Re: SPIDF Output

There's a BIOS setting for onboard audio. Also one can right click on the volume icon and select Playback Devices and select the Realtek Digital Output as the default device. Also look around for settings on the properties area there for the Realtek Digital Output.

Comment

Ok I found the problem. Instead of selecting the Digital Output as the default device. Select the Digital Optical Output as the default device even though you are using the coax output.

Someone might want to bring this to the attention of Gigabyte or Realtek to check out and fix or explain.
      Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Case
      Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1
      Intel Core i7 960 @ 23 x1 88, 4.324GHz
      Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
      EK Supreme HF Copper water block
      6 x 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT (CMT12GX3M3A2000C9), @ 1880 MHz 8-9-8-24, 1.66v
      2 x Gigabyte GTX 570 in SLI
      4 * WD Caviar Black 1TB

Comment

Nice to see you got it working, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow6491 View Post
          Ok I found the problem. Instead of selecting the Digital Output as the default device. Select the Digital Optical Output as the default device even though you are using the coax output.

Someone might want to bring this to the attention of Gigabyte or Realtek to check out and fix or explain.
          They still haven't fixed this problem even though it is obvious they have the labels reversed.
          Last edited by dypsis; 12-21-2010, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X