Gigabyte X58A UD3R 6gb 4gb usable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X58A UD3R 6gb 4gb usable

I have seen that other people are having this problem on other boards. On my board it is random, sometime when i boot it is 6gb, other time it is 4 useable, i was wondering if any thing is being done about this, i really like the board, but i would also like to use all of the memory all of the time. Im useing mushkin 1600 redline, seems like it is a bios or board defect, sense it is happening on differant boards.

Re: Gigabyte X58A UD3R 6gb 4gb usable

test each stick one by one in each white slot one by one,if it fails to boot from any stick in any white slot you have either dead/faulty ram slot or bent cpu socket pins,if it boots with two out of the three sticks of ram in any white slot then you have a dead/faulty ram module and need to rma the ram set

p.s update to the latest bios if you havnt already,flash using q-flash
    Last edited by wazza300; 09-09-2010, 05:42 PM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X58A UD3R 6gb 4gb usable

I saw your post at GBT UK forum, and was about to come and give you some tips on this tonight.

If you are 100% sure you do not have any bent CPU socket pins then it's voltages or settings causing this issue, if you are not 100% sure please post some images from a few angles of your CPU Socket so we can check.

If you do not have bent pins and you are sure, please give me your full settings that you are using that fail and I will advise back.

Also give me the model # of Mushkin's that you are using, and what BIOS version.

This is often incorrect QPI/Vtt voltage, as well as possibly incorrect ram voltage or uncore settings. If you are using Auto or XMP for all this then that is the issue if your pins are fine.

Comment

Working...
      X