GA-MA770-UD3 v1 losing Raid 1 array after 3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA770-UD3 v1 losing Raid 1 array after 3 days

I have the above mobo with an AMD7850 processor, and 2 500GB Seagate sata drives configures as Raid 1. OS is Windows 7 Home Premium.

MY problem is that the raid array will only stay visible for approx. 3 days (the PC stays on 24/7 as it is a media server as well as my main PC), only way to resolve is to hard reset the machine (yes, the OS is on the raid array).

I'd read somewhere (maybe here, maybe at Tom's Hardware) that earlier versions of my boards bios were unstable for raid arrays, so I upgraded bios from F5 to F8. This, sadly, didn't work.

Is it worthwhile upgrading the bios to F9G, or could there be another cause? Any tips? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to settings in the bios, so any help appreciated.

Re: GA-MA770-UD3 v1 losing Raid 1 array after 3 days

Yes, I would test out the very latest BIOS you can find. And also be sure to use the latest RAID and Chipset drivers, direct from the source (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Please use Qflash to update the BIOS, DO NOT USE @BIOS!! Also be sure to disable "Keep DMI Data" in Qflash before you flash, here is a guide

Comment

Working...
    X