X58A-UD7 sometimes OC fail at post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58A-UD7 sometimes OC fail at post

I have a problem started maybe someone can help me.
    I had my system for 4 months now and it has been running @ 4ghz from first day without any problems, all stability tests passed fine.
    Then my problem started, sometimes on cold boot, it will give me fail boot error press any key to continue, I just press DEL and save and exit and it boots fine. I retest everything again and all passed fine, and no any problem in windows.
    I don't know why this issue started. I remember the only thing I changed was to disable "spread spectrum" this is the latest setting I changed lately and post error began to happen after I changed this value from default setting. I could be wrong but I set it back to default now and PC has been posting fine for now. Could be that spread spectrum causing this post OC fail error? Or my OC settings are really unstable even if it passed 12h prime95 and 30 LinX on max memory and 4 hours memtest and gaming most time?
    I don't have any USB keyboards.

Re: X58A-UD7 sometimes OC fail at post

if anything it should be better with it disabled,what qpi/vtt and cpu voltages are you running? have you updated to the latest bios?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      if anything it should be better with it disabled,what qpi/vtt and cpu voltages are you running? have you updated to the latest bios?
      I was running QPI/VTT @ 1.275v and it passed all tests fine at this voltage, I just increased it 1 notch to 1.295v just to check if it will help or not.
      CPU @ 1.27500v bios with LLC level 1.
      Yes I 'm using the latest bios.
      Last edited by kasperg; 09-03-2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Spread Spectrum shouldn't mess up anything like that.

Are you still having issues? If so can you please post your full specs and current settings in a template from my signature.

Comment

thank you all!
          till now it didn't happen again, I also noticed the USB keyboard was enabled by default and my keyboard is PS2 so I also disabled it before I opened this thread.

Comment

Working...
          X