x58a-ud3r PCI Slot 2 as primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x58a-ud3r PCI Slot 2 as primary

I'm using a x58a-ud3r with GTX 470 (Primary) & GTX 260 (Physx) Due to heat problems i have moved the 470 to the PCI slot 2 and the 260 above it in the slot 1. In Bios I have selected the Slot 2 as primary, also my cable is only connected to the 470. But in win 7 it reports that the graphics primary card is the 260!! Can i run the 2nd slot as primary or do you have to only use slot 1??

thanks
    TC

Re: x58a-ud3r PCI Slot 2 as primary

Forget what i said, its all working now. The GTX470 with the GTX 260 as Physx is awesome!!! And putting the 260 above the 470 means the my main card isn't overheating

Comment

How did you correct things?

Just wondered in case anyone asks in the future, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        How did you correct things?

Just wondered in case anyone asks in the future, thanks!
        Umm, I didn't really do anything, I think I just jumped the gun a bit when i saw my benchmark tool had selected the GPU1 (260) I then went into NVIDIA's control panel and chose the 260 for physx Then i ran the benchmark again and selected GPU2 (470) and the results were great, my 470 now runs idle at 40c, before it was 53c !!! It would be cooler except it now sits above the power supply.

Comment

Ahh ok, well nice to see you have it working now, even if you did before too :)

Comment

Working...
          X