Gigabyte "Official" QPI-VTT 1.515 v ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte "Official" QPI-VTT 1.515 v ?

In the technical marketing overclock guide for an I7 920 at 4.0 Ghz on a GA-X58-EXTREME board the author suggest a QPI-VTT of 1.515 V

I all other forums i have been to people would shriek with fear at that high setting, is it in fact safe ? Is it only safe on the extreme board ? Did the author of the guide intend just to overclock and not care if the board/ CPU melts in a month ?
    I7 930 4.2 Ghz || Gigabyte X58A-UD3R REV 1 || 12 GB Corsair 1600 RAM ||650 W Corsair PSU || Noctua NH-D14 || Nvidia 8800 GT

Visit My 3D Forum - Free Tutorials !!

Re: Gigabyte "Official" QPI-VTT 1.515 v ?

That guide was made a very long time ago, and any voltage you see online does not always apply to your CPU, they are all different.

As for QPI, yes that in itself is fine, see my thoughts here
    QPI/Vtt Voltage post (High is OK)

That does not mean your particular CPU will need anything like that at all though, but only you can test and find out

Comment

Thanks there is some interesting reading there, i am messing around with a 4.2 Ghz O/C on 12 GB RAM as per this thread

So there will be a lot of info in your posts that will help, but if you could look at my above post and give some advice I would be greatful
      I7 930 4.2 Ghz || Gigabyte X58A-UD3R REV 1 || 12 GB Corsair 1600 RAM ||650 W Corsair PSU || Noctua NH-D14 || Nvidia 8800 GT

Visit My 3D Forum - Free Tutorials !!

Comment

Ya I'll check it out for you shortly

Comment

Working...
        X