This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA out for 2nd monitor - MA785GT 5770

This is so simple I must be wrong; I've found discussion /close/ to what I need, in threads about cross-fire, but nothing precise. I must be just wrong.

I'm pleased as punch with my setup ... ArmA2 hi-res, FSX maxed out ...
    ... but I can't find my 2nd HDI connector. And FS w/1 is PITA.

So I look at the VGA connector and think ... why not?
    No joy.

Go into BIOS and toggle Surround View. (Yes, you're right, rubber-chicken voodoo.)
    No effect.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Truth is ... with the 5770 sitting there and Catalyst running ... I can't imagine how the PC could possible respond to the hardware hanging off the VGA post. (IGP, right?)

so ... in case this sloppy quick-fix is valid ... what am I missing?

TIA
    ben (the new guy)

Re: VGA out for 2nd monitor - MA785GT 5770

you should be able to connect two monitors from the two dvi connectors on one of the cards and enable multi displays in ccc,just click detect displays
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      you should be able to connect two monitors from the two dvi connectors on one of the cards and enable multi displays in ccc,just click detect displays
      That's true; you're absolutely right.
      But it's not the solution cuz that's not the problem. Please read my post. The question is about using the VGA connector.
      I added more emphasis to make it clearer. But heh I thought the Subject was pret'near clear enough.

but I can't find my 2nd HDI connector ...
      So I look at the VGA connector and think ... why not?
      ... in case this sloppy quick-fix is valid ...
      Something I learned early on in trouble-shooting: making my favorite solution fit breaks things.
      :-)

Comment

no you were clear i just thought it would be easier that way,did you try adjusting the monitor resolution? and scanning for extra displays in ccc when you connect second monitor through vga port?
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

no you were clear i just thought it would be easier that way
          Well yes. If I could find that danged adapter I'd use it.
          *blink*

id you try adjusting the monitor resolution?
          We don't seem to have any sync lock here.
          The device doesn't appear. It's as though it's not connected. How can I possibly adjust resolution?

and scanning for extra displays in ccc when you connect second monitor through vga port?
          "ccc" ...
          ... I dunno. I appreciate your time / effort, but ... is that something to do with Catalyst?
          What I see in Catalyst is exactly what I see when the device is not connected.

You know where to look to see device setting / parameters, that stuff.
          Me too.
          No need to list them.
          I meant what I wrote.
          Really. Honest. Truly.

I think it's basically impossible.
          That's my guess.
          I'm waiting for someone to say, "No, only GPU is accessed". That at least would be clear.

FWIW "Surround View" is a parameter I've never before had to deal with.

Comment

No, only GPU is accessed" on second card :)

J/K, but not really. If you have Crossfire setup you can only connect devices to the first card, did you try the VGA connection on it? Or you may need a DVI to VGA adapter if you need to use a VGA connection for this second monitor

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              No, only GPU is accessed" on second card :)
              /me picks brain up off floor

J/K, but not really. If you have Crossfire setup you can only connect devices to the first card, did you try the VGA connection on it?
              Nothing CrossFire ... very plain-vanilla setup. No "first card" because no "second" card.
              It's either very simple or not possible.

Or you may need a DVI to VGA adapter if you need to use a VGA connection for this second monitor
              Now see I don't understand why folk don't read what I wrote about this.
              Yes, a 2nd DVI adapter would do the trick. Which is why I wrote (repeatedly?) that I can't find it. *sigh*

This doesn't address the issue: is the VGA/IGwhatevuh non-functional?

Comment

Ahh, Sorry I guess I was sleeping!

I thought you were having issues with Xfire/SLI

Please give me a link to your specific graphics card, or the model #/name.

So the issue is just that you can only use one connection of the back of your card correct, and you need to use both?

Comment

Ahh, Sorry I guess I was sleeping!
                  Hey, no problem ... this gave me pretext for (finally) registering on this forum.

I thought you were having issues with Xfire/SLI
                  Nothin' so complicated.
                  It's so simple nobody reads what I wrote!

Please give me a link to your specific graphics card, or the model #/name.
                  *sync loss*
                  Saphire 5770 | GA-MA785GT-UD3H rev uhhhh 1.2 but who cares?!
                  *blink*

So the issue is just that you can only use one connection of the back of your card correct, and you need to use both?
                  *sigh*
                  As I wrote ... honestly, I'm gettin' a little peeved here ... this just wastes your time, too ... I can't find my 2nd adapter. No, really, what part of that is confusing people?

Gawd, I just re-read my post and now I'm feeling neurotic.
                  There's a VGA connector there.

naww ... it's simple ... it's there to be read ... black font on white background ...
                  ... sorry to be peevish but this is just weird.

Mobo and card are in Subject; Card is also in .sig, along with CPU ...
                  ... I have no idea what the problem is but I can tell you I've been a system trouble-shooter for 3+ decades and this ain't how things gets done.

Comment

I'm trying to help, but your comments are kinda cryptic and are not helping me to help you out.

No offense meant at all, I'm just having a hard time trying to see the exact problem through your humor (Which is funny BTW).

Can't find second adapter, explain that a bit more as I only use one. Do you mean on the back of the card, or in some software? I guess please explain in more detail with less humor :)

As for your 5770, I saw it in your signature, but there is several models, so that is why I asked which specifically you have.

Comment

I'm trying to help, but your comments are kinda cryptic and are not helping me to help you out.
                      "I can't find my 2nd adapter" ... now c'mon, that's not cryptic.

Can't find second adapter, explain that a bit more as I only use one. Do you mean on the back of the card, or in some software? I guess please explain in more detail with less humor :)
                      I have /no idea/ how this got so complicated.
                      Folk telling me to use a 2nd HDI connector. As a solution to this. After I write in plain Enligsh that I can't find it. That's in thread. That's context.

I have 5770 (see .sig ... see Subject ... heh) and it has 2 connectors.
                      /Because/ I can't find (and still cannot find) my 2nd one, I need another way to connect 2nd monitor.

As for your 5770, I saw it in your signature, but there is several models, so that is why I asked which specifically you have.
                      First, the question is: how do I enable the VGA connector on my mobo (Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H in case you were planning on asking *G*). That ... /that/ is the question.
                      Second ... Radeon 5770 is insufficiently clear? given that it's entirely irrelevant?

heh

*scratches head again*

heh

Comment

you cant enable a second monitor from your onboard display port on the mb,you have to use either the hdmi/dvi or vga ports on the 5770,you cant use one from the mb and one from the graphics card
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

you cant enable a second monitor from your onboard display port on the mb
                          Thank you. Spot on.
                          Is why I wrote "either dead simple of just impossible"

you have to use either the hdmi/dvi or vga ports on the 5770,you cant use one from the mb and one from the graphics card
                          Yes.
                          I hoped for diff answer, but couldn't imagine how it could serve 5770 and IGwhatchamacallit at the same time.

Thanks for this ...
                          ... now I can move on!

Comment

the mb graphics and graphic card would conflict with each other so it has to be gpu or the mb only sorry for the confusion earlier
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Finally, the code has been cracked!

Sorry I didn't understand what you were trying to say Ben, I was just lost in how you were replying and what you were really trying to do.

I asked for the model # so I could check to see what connections your card has, in case it only had one type or something and you wanted to use another type.

Model #'s on Sapphire cards look like this by the way (100283-3L, 100283L, 100283VXL, 100283VX-2L), and there is several 5770 models, so that is why I was asking to be sure.

Now that I know what you were trying to do, Wazza is correct, you can only use either the board or the card graphic connections.

If you do want two monitors connected though you can connect both to the rear of your graphics card if you want, did you not know this?

Comment

Working...
                              X